“A rare disappointment in Colorado Springs”
Review of English Docksidei

English Docksidei
Ranked #442 of 1,566 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 45
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Was looking forward to a dinner at this restaurant with old friends, and judging from the website the menu looked intriguing. But when we arrived, one of the first things I noticed that the prices on the physical menu were 25% to 33% higher than on the website. Well, okay, if the food is good it could be worth it. In a word, it was not. We ordered calamari and crab claw appetizers, which were nothing special. I can't comment on the other three meals, but my crab cakes were dry and mediocre. The rice on which it came was flavorless. I had to add lots of extra lemon to make it all palatable. The wine selection is poor and expensive for what it is. The ladies at the table ordered a bread pudding to share for dessert, but while the serving was large — enough for four of us — the flavor was bland: way more bread than pudding. The only thing that saved the meal was the enthusiastic service from a young college student who, while not polished, was friendly and efficient. Overall: not recommended.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

While visiting Colorado Springs, a friend and I were in the mood for some seafood and we stumbled across this place. The food was delicious and great portions, the atmosphere was good and the service was great! I had the shrimp and grits and my friend had crab cakes. We also shared the crab roll appetizer (which was our fav). I will definitely return when I am in town again!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

the meal (clam chowder) was okay but nothing special. The time it took for a waiter to take my order was abysmal; there weren't that many customers there but I (have eaten at many fine restaurants across the country) have NEVER seen such maddeningly slow service. I would not recommend this restaurant nor EVER go there again.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

While visiting in town, we stumbled across English Dockside while looking for a mid-afternoon late lunch. There were only a couple of other tables with diners. The menu stated that the food would take more time because of the way it was prepared, but it still seemed to take an unusually long time - especially for the slices of pie we ordered for dessert. Servings were generous, and food was great.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The food was amazing. I had fish and my Husband had chicken. Everything was fresh. This place puts a lot of time and effort into cleanliness. You can tell that a lot of passion goes into food prep. I love that. My Husband and our waiter, whom I'm kinda sure owned the place, had so much in common. We went for our six year anniversary. The coconut pie was amazing.