“Best 44th.Anniversary vaction!”

Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs
Ranked #53 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 13 November 2010

After a 12 hour drive from Marrietta,OK.too Colorado Springs.My husband I were tired.We checked out 3 hotel in Co Spring ,very pricey and locations looked unsafe.We drove on to Manitou Spring area.first stop closed second motel closed.Arrived at The Rainbow Inn,Janina the host greeted us at the door very freindly an so Attentive.She even let us ch see the rooms first.The Rainbow Lodge was a home away from home for us.Centalized to lots of tourist attractions,Pikes Peak,Gardens of the Gods,Cliff Dwellings.Reaturants within walking distance.WE stayed 4 days,clean rooms,good beds,quiet.Everything work nicely.Stepping out in the morning with our coffee was "AMAZING TO SEE THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS SO CLOSE AND PIKES PEAK" We wil definietly stay here againThank you,Janina and Eric for a wonderful stay! see You in March with grandkids! Irma and Roy,Irving,tx

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank txtravelers17

Reviewed 21 October 2010

It's been 9 years since last we came out west and we stayed here then. 2010 sees many improvements in the rooms as most have been modernized and the owners are very hospitable. If you are looking for reasonable and home like then this is the place to stay. The attractions are close by with the Cog Railway just a 10 minute ride away. You can see Pikes Peak from here with its inviting picturesque view. Yes we highly recommend a stay at the Rainbow Lodge for everyone from a single to families. The beds are confortable and we slept well from the 1st night of our stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2010

The friendly staff was so attentive and made it feel as if the Rainbow Lodge was a home away from home. Our Cousins got married in Cheyenne Park, and although it was a drive to get there, Rainbow lodge was very centralized to a lot of tourist places like Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs Shopping Districts, etc. We spent 4 days and the rooms were always clean, everything worked properly and the prices were amazing. I also loved the fact that they had a really nice picnic area with a BBQ pit where our family gathered. The view is also amazing. I would wake up and step outside to see the Rocky Mountains in all their glory! My fiance and I were prepared to spend a lot more money than we actually had to. I would definitely stay here again! On behalf of "Primo" and his future wife, Thank you Rainbow lodge for a wonderful experience!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2010

My husband and I stayed here about 6 years ago and thought then that the owners were nice. We vacationed in Colorado Springs again and stayed once again here. Very clean and quiet. Big rooms and a great price. Conveniently located to all tourists sites. Would highly recommend the Rainbow Hotel.TVellez Wichita Kansas

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tvellez
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Before booking, I read reviews from July & earlier, posted on this site. I knew this was going to be a "down home" sort of place, and when you are dealing with any family business, you never quite know what you are going to get. I was encouraged by an "85%" positive rating (at the time) and its location, so I booked a (King/Queen) room for myself, my husband, and two 10 year olds. We were looking for a simple place to stay for a few days and all the chain hotels were on the other side of Colorado Springs. The motel had a pool, wi-fi, and a great location close to the places we wanted to visit.

The motel is very close to both a major highway (in the rear) and a main road (in the front). There is quite a bit of traffic.. The road is lined with dozens of old fashioned 1 story tiny motels (20 rooms or fewer), including a few motels where each lodging was a mini-cabin or min-log cabin. The motels look to be from the 1950s, few of them appear to have received regular maintenance, many have dirt or gravel driveways, and if there were trailer parks tucked in here & there, I would not be surprised. The nearby shops include a marijuana store, a few discount cigarette outlets, a used book store. You are not in a good section of town when these stores have the prime real estate locations, but the area was perfectly safe, just "down on its luck".

I know these comments sound as if I'm a complete snob, and perhaps I am, yet I guess I am spoiled with "Hampton Inn" type hotels, which most people would not describe as luxury lodgings. Driving by the other motels, my husband and I looked at each other and laughed, realizing this would be different, but still felt open minded about our choice, yet when we drove into the Rainbow....I was tempted to drive right out the circular driveway. We did not, because it had gotten good reviews, and although it might be a bit different than where we usually stay, we put a good spin on it and tried to enjoy staying somewhere a bit quirky.

We stayed for 4 nights in the spacious room that we had booked, no problems with registration, no parking problems, no noise from the road. The room was clean, came with a fridge & microwave, beds comfortable. My children enjoyed the pool and I enjoyed the tables & chairs around it...it is right on the main road, but kids do not care about that. The owners were friendly, and responded immediately when there was a noise problem from another room. Yet...everything was worn, and the whole time there I expected things not to work. Despite the sign out front and despite my earlier inquiry, there was no workable wi-fi, which is one of the reasons we chose this motel. There was a computer in the lobby for guest use, but that is not the same as advertising that there is wi-fi in the rooms.

The recent review that referred to the bathroom's logistics---no place to put a makeup bag or anything more than a toothbrush, no working electrical socket for a hair dryer brought from home, no shampoo, the bars of soap were replaced only if requested, the room was very dark, and one lamp did not work--I agree with recent reviews that expressed dissatisfaction. The breakfast, described modestly by the hotel, was extremely modest. The cocoa DID taste like coffee (as stated in an earlier review), and really was not much more than toast and some cereal. The overall feeling was, like the town, things were safe, adequate...but just barely acceptable.

All that being said,, there is not a good option on the Manitou Springs side of Colorado City. The Garden of the Gods, the Rock Ledge Historic Site, the Cliff Dwellings, the quaint downtown of both Colorado City and Manitou Springs are only a few miles away. It would have been inconvenient to drive from across town each day. So despite its limitations, I would return, with lower expectations, to the Rainbow---or I would use google maps to investigate the name of the 1 chain hotel that was down the street and consider that as an alternative (Comfort Inn?).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank SuzieeQQ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
12.7 km away
Days Inn Colorado Springs Air Force Academy
Days Inn Colorado Springs Air Fo...
#43 of 104 in Colorado Springs
6.3 km away
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of ...
#39 of 104 in Colorado Springs
9.9 km away
Quality Inn South
Quality Inn South
#42 of 104 in Colorado Springs

Been to Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK