“Wonderful winning experience”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Central City
colorado
“Wonderful winning experience”
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Best place in Black Hawk. Loose slots, excellent service, and great food.

• Stayed January 2010
3 Thank vegas_aadam
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I submitted Century Casino to TripAdvisor as a hotel in Central City because I wanted to review it and let other people know about it! The hotel is small (26 rooms) but each room is clean, furnished nicely, has in-room coffee, a safe and comfy beds (no fridge or mini bar). I poked my head into the suites while they were cleaning and they looked really nice too.

Even though the hotel is small, I was able to get a room here at the last minute (on a Sat.!) and they gave me a great rate for having a Player's Card. Plus, your stay comes with breakfast (small, but filling). The only thing I would caution others about is the noise that happens on one side of the hotel. There are dumpsters there and both times I awoke to trash trucks at the crack of dawn. The person at the front desk said to ask for a lower-numbered room on the side of the hotel that faces the highway that runs from Blackhawk to Central City. Ask to NOT be facing Dostal Alley Casino. That's the loud side!

I was really happy that during the last minute stay the front desk gave me a little bag with a toothbrush/paste/razor, etc.

The food is great at the restaurant and they have room service until 11:00pm. Their prime rib special for 5.99 (w/ player's card) is the best. I haven't eaten at their cafe but a nice plus is the free popcorn and drinks they offer in the front of the casino (facing Bonanza). I always play video poker at the upstairs bar so I never have a problem getting a drink from the friendly bartenders who work there. Central City is more walkable, the casinos are small and the staff/bartenders are friendlier to us than in Blackhawk so Century is a great place for us to stay when we get the gambling bug.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
8 Thank RkyMtnHi
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 January 2010

After checking out early from the incredibly disappointing "Isle of Capri - Lady Luck Tower" in Black Hawk (see my last review for details), the Century Hotel and Casino was a much needed positive experience! Every single person working here was smiling, friendly, and personable.

The gaming was great, and although I can only speak for the slot machines, there were table games available as well in a separate area. The food was quite good, very reasonably priced, and we never had to wait for a seat at the restaurant or for our food to arrive. The front desk people were genuine and polite, the bartender was attentive and happy, and the room was spacious, clean, and very quiet. The clientelle were fantastic.... personable, talkative, and friendly. Several fellow slot gamblers struck up conversations with my wife and I over the course of the day and evening.

The only negative point I can mention is that the cocktail service was rather poor... we were in the casino for over eight ours, and weren't offered a drink on the floor at any time. I approached the upstairs bartender and inquired if there was a waitress on duty, and he pointed her out to me... but she still never came our way. However, unlike Vegas, even the bartender here gives out free drinks. So it's just a matter of leaving your seat for a minute or two. No big deal!

Overall a great experience. Central City is a neat place and I hope that these smaller casinos can continue to stay in business for a long time to come.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2.0 km away
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
0.2 km away
Nicki Lee Mansion

Been to Century Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK