“The Almond Crusted Trout was outstanding. The service, not so much...”

The Wines of Colorado
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Cascade
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nestled at the foot of Pikes Peak in Cascade, Colorado, The Wines of Colorado is an unheralded, romantic oasis and an easy 15 minute drive from downtown Colorado Springs. True to its name, the restaurant, tasting room, retail wine sales and gift shop, all do a brisk sip-and-sup business, but while oenophiles can be found sniffing their way around the tasting room, epicureans retire to the wood planked deck or Creekside dining area to feast on towering sandwiches and burgers, including the very popular buffalo wine burger, a juice-dribbling, hand formed patty sky scraped with grilled onions, sauteed mushrooms, and roasted green chilis. Dine in the shade of the willows and pines next to Fountain Creek or on our sunny deck overlooking the creek. Combined with great food and wine, this is the Colorado experience you have been looking for. Shielded from the sun by wispy willow trees and aromatic pines along the creek, The Wines of Colorado is the perfect place to enjoy your getaway.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Almond Crusted Trout was fantastic. It is what will keep me coming back. The wine is very good. Huge selection of wine so you pretty much leave it up to the wait staff to pick the brand.

The shortfall is the service. They are friendly but you don’t see them very often. Guess you can blame it on COVID.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (439)

Reviewed 17 January 2021

We stopped for the wine tasting, stayed for a meal. The French onion soup was wonderful. My husband had the trout and very happy with it. I found my favorite wine on our first visit. This is a good place to stop and eat. Not too fancy. Warm and friendly.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 28 October 2020

We visited this place in August and loved the outdoor dining options! We tried different meals as a group and everyone was happy with their selections.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 5 October 2020

We walked in and it was 10 minutes before we were acknowledged, I told the person there was two of us and she told us that she didn’t know anything about the seating and we would have to wait for the guy. He finally came from somewhere about 5 minutes later. I told him two for the patio and he told us there was a waitlist so we could come back late and that another restaurant may be able to take us. I asked how long and he told us about 20 minutes. I told him we would wait. He just walked away. When we finally got sat he asked if we wanted anything to drink, we asked for water and he disappeared. 30 minutes go by, no water, no orders taken, but 3 other groups came out and sat themselves and already had water. A waitress came by, my friend asked about wine pricing for a specific wine, the waitress said she didn’t know and walked away. I stopped a waitress and asked about our water and about ordering. She told me they were really busy and said we had everyone in the place trying to help us. I pointed out that people came out and sat themselves and had been served since we had been seated. She said they are doing the best they could. She said our water was on the way and took our order. Another 30 minutes went by and our wine came out. A full bottle of wine later our water came out and then our food followed shortly. I ordered the onion soup and a salad. My friend ordered a burger, medium. Our food came out cold, the cheese was a congealed ball with a touch of onions and broth on it, and her burger came out well done. I bet the soup would have been good if it came out hot. I left hungry and very displeased. I have lived here for 52 years and the was the first and last time I will patron that local business. Sad.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch and wine after our Pikes Peak visit. The Prime Sandwich and Mahi Mahi tacos were fantastic! Grabbed some bottled and canned wines. Favorite was the Peachy Keen. Prices were reasonable and staff was very friendly.

Date of visit: October 2020