“Nostalgic”

North Pole - Santa's Workshop
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Cascade
More attraction details
Owner description: The North Pole is a Christmas Themed amusement park on the base of Pikes Peak. The park has over 24 rides, a village of shops, a magic show, several food areas and a village of unique shops. Plan for a full day of family fun!
Reviewed 22 September 2007

We have been here several times. If you have younger kids, put this at the top of your list. On their website, they have coupons that help bring the cost down. I think we were able to get tickets for around $13 a person-much cheaper than the big amusement parks! The scenery can't be beat. There are many inexpensive gift shops. We have found that the lines are usually short even in July and August. For the big kids who like Six Flags, there are a few rides to keep them entertained. The best part was taking my kids to the same place I went when I was around 7 years old. We took pictures in some of the same places. (Things haven't changed that much!) This place is great for the young (and young at heart) who need a break from the miles of hiking and historical places and still enjoy the beauty of Colorado!

1  Thank Momo3boys
"young ones"
"year olds"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 21 July 2007

We recently stayed in Colorado Springs at the Hotel San Ayre on vacation and we were very pleasantly surprised at the North Pole - Santa's Workshop.

I personally do not like going to amusement parks for several reasons, so I wasn't going to cry if we didn't make it there during our trip. We spent the whole afternoon there and absolutely loved it!

Being in the mountains, the scenery was beautiful. There is a lot of walking up and down hill, so choose your shoes carefully.

There were giftshops everywhere, but each one different than the one before. If your purchase in a shop is $15 or more, they put a tag on it, someone takes it to the front gate, and they give it to you when you leave. That way you don't have to carry your purchases around the park. Of course you can also lose track of how much you're spending because no real money is exchanged within the park (except at the arcade), but they have a well thought-out system that is very convenient for the customers.

My husband commented on the sturdiness of the rides. They felt so much more solid than the rides that come through our town during the fair.

The best part was that there were hardly any lines to wait in! You might have to wait through a ride or two at the most. Our 6-year-old could just ride the rides all she wanted. It rained for about 30 minutes and it was a less-than-busy day, so I can't say how it usually is.

The cost of admission was very reasonable and the prices in the gift shops were actually not bad - some lower than our local gift shops.

Coming from someone that doesn't even like amusement parks, I'm surprised to say that I would love to go back the North Pole - Santa's Workshop again and would highly recommend it to anyone with kids vacationing in the Colorado Springs area.

1  Thank Picky_Oklahoman
Reviewed 19 July 2007

I took my 2 kids, a 5 year old and an 8 year old, there and it was a blast. My sister came with me also. I had so much fun watching the kids have fun. I also got to ride rides. It was an exercise walking around the park which is located on Pike's Peak. Such wonderful scenery. I can't get over the breathtaking mountains. You can print off a coupon for $3.00 off each person (up to six people in a group). It's worth it. Also, get your picture taken with Santa. That's the 2nd time I've been there and I love it.

1  Thank Skittles7668
Reviewed 4 June 2007

We just love Santa's Workshop. It's terrific for kids, every single ride is kid friendly and 99% of them are friendly for those 4 and under. It's not expensive to get in and you don't pay any additional ride fees, it's unlimited rides for the admission price.

You can visit Santa and sit on his lap, get/take pictures, etc. You can see the 'real' North Pole- a huge ice pole in the middle of the park. The ride operators are very kid friendly and will stop a ride at any time if the kids get overhwhelmed. There are a few places to get food- burgers, hot dogs, pretzels, ice cream, etc. There are two toy stores, a few souvenir shops, a post office where you can send postcards marked from there, a candy store.

You can rent strollers. The park sits on the side of Pike's Peak so it is hilly. My 5 year old had no problem with it but if you have any
issues walking you may want to plan ahead for that.

They don't exchange money in the park, when you pay the admission they give you paper cards. Every food or other item that you buy gets
written on the card. If you buy toys or souvenirs, they send them up to the front gate for you. Then when you are leaving you settle your bill and pick up your goods. Very handy. Parking is also free.

Terrific place, if we lived just a little closer we'd be there very often.

1  Thank COMommy