“Horseback Riding in the Collegiate Peaks” 4 of 5 bubbles

Harvard City Riding Stables
San Simeon, California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Horseback Riding in the Collegiate Peaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2007

My husband and I went on the three hour Deadman's Gulch ride. The staff were very friendly and the place looked like a dilapidated old ranch house. Very "old west" look to it. The horses were well taken care of and very tame. Our guide, Shane, pointed out the sights along the way. The trail went through a creek a couple of times and down some switchbacks on the side of a mountain. Very pretty scenery. The horses weren't stubborn trail plugs that you see at some commercial outfits.

I would ride with them again- nice staff and good horses.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

hattiesburg, ms
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Harvard City Riding Stables”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2007

My wife and I rode horses on the Colorado trail with Harvard City Riding Stables on May 29th. It was my wife's first time on a horse and we rode for 1 1/2 hours. The guide was very patient and experienced as well as informative. The horses were well trained. The scenery was amazing. We crossed streams 4 times. The trail is rocky in the woods and has steep drop-offs but the horses handle it well. This was one of the highlights of our trip. The stable is off by itself on a road through a mountain pass. The staff there rearranged our trip for us twice at our request with no hassle. They waited out a storm for us so we could ride the horses as we had planned. They gave us rain jackets to wear just in case the rain came back in and even extended our trip a little longe because we were enjoying so much without any extra charge. I would recommend this riding outfit to everyone. They really go above and beyond to make your experience a good one.

2 Thank TRAVELMATES2005