“Beautiful”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Broomfield
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Traveled here for a dance competition (Adrenaline dance). Very lovely hotel. Staff was extremely helpful and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TravlQueen
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My daughter is a student at CU Boulder so my wife and I come to visit 2 or 3 times every year. Every time we choose to stay at the Omni and every stay has been very good. The loyalty rewards program is very generous and always provides something nice each stay. Looking forward to getting back there in about 2 weeks! Almost forgot....the pool and grill / outdoor bar is awesome!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Joseph K
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 April 2012

For the past year I have spent over 60 nights at this wonderful hotel while traveling for business. The staff are attentive, helpful, and strive to call you by name. The rooms and beds are comfy and large, the gym is one of the best hotel gym I've seen with an attached spa incase you need a massage after a long day. I can highly recommend the bar and restaurant and the shuttle service that will recommend and take you to other restaurants nearby. It's been real treat to stay here while I work away from home. My home away from home!

Room Tip: Try rooms facing the mountains higher than the 4th floor have great views.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Diane J
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Interlocken Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
We are very appreciative of your business and happy to be your home away from home. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make your stays more comfortable.
Maryland
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I am almost embarrassed to say we believed the hotel manager and came back for round 2 to see if the last awful stay was just a fluke or if this Omni just truly needs a management and customer service overhaul. This place needs an overhaul. I stay in the Denver area very frequently and because of a lot of other travel in the US, have chosen Omni as the chain I prefer because all other Omni hotels have truly been exemplary (especially the William Penn in Pittsburgh, PA). We have platinum status due to the number of stays and even with a free night certificate stay this time....I still feel like I paid too much.

To be fair -- this place and it's staff are just plain lazy and annoying. I'm not the person who pops in for one overnight -- I'm normally here for 3-5 nights. The things wrong each time just add up. This "last chance" trip -- we checked in online before arrival -- that was lost -- had to go to desk and they had no clue why we couldn't have express checked in; we brought our own bags to the room on a luggage cart by ourselves -- did the bellhop get laid off?? (5PM on Monday afternoon and yes - we were the ones that left the cart by the elevator); - got to room to find broken safe (would not work at all to keep valuables because obviously broken and open) and clogged bathtub (two calls to get this fixed downstairs - not a good start); crappy internet service (bad/weak signal) that I also couldn't log onto because they spelled the name wrong at check-in; door service at the front about 20% of the time as everyone is congregated at the front desk just chatting amongst themselves (see review below by "aguynamedkon" -- he's right on); no beverage service showed the 2nd day; the wrong beverages sent the 3rd day; no maid showed the 2nd day (left message and had cleaning at 6PM); and tonight (the 4th night and hallelujah last night) we came in to find that the dirty dishes from beverages this AM (a tray) were still here and no turn down service had shown by 9PM. After a call to front desk to say we were putting tray in hall, they showed up at 10PM after we got in bed and said they could come in then for turn down (I guess get us out of bed). You can't make this stuff up. I am happy to save some money on the tip for the maid this week, at least.

I'm not a person who thinks they should be treated better because I'm platinum (due to the number of stays) at all -- but you would "think" that they would try the hardest for people that stay the most in appreciation. Personally, I'd do it for all of my customers, but that whole "customer service" seems to escape the management here. I can't wait to see what is wrong with the bill tomorrow before we finally get out of here.

A couple of pros because I want to be fair -- the spa -- from the front desk manager of the spa to the people who work there -- great service. He scheduled me a last minute appt and rearranged to meet schedule. Exceptional and responsive. The place LOOKS pretty good....sure the parking lot hasn't been paved since pre-construction 5 years ago or so (fun in heels)...but the inside of the hotel looks like am Omni should. And also...The prairie dogs all over the lawn to the side of the hotel -- I'm sorry, but they are so adorable (100s) and provide relaxing entertainment when you walk out of this miserable place angry each day.

Cons - People who just come to work and do the minimal in managing and providing service to this place. The platinum level welcome amenity (a 1 oz package of "Grawnola - orange/cranberry raw vegan gluten free snack) - blah; rooms that have issues before you check in (tub/safe/a phone that has pre-programmed buttons that don't work); and all the above mentioned misery.

One of these alone is enough to cross off the list - but all in one visit? There is a manager at the nearby Boulder IHOP that this chain needs to hire to take over the management of this hotel -- HE GETS IT. His people get it....it shows in how he and his staff do their jobs. The IHOP is the shining icon and model of what the franchise/chain should be.

Good riddance, Omni Broomfield. I'll just drive through the lot and visit the prairie dogs on my next stay and keep going to the Renaissance or another hotel in the area. Enough is enough.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel down the road -- much better experience.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank tlc232
We apologize that we didn't get thing right on the second try. We will take your comments and work to improve in all areas. We strive to provide excellent service at our hotel and throughout all hotels as a brand. We hope that despite your experiences at our hotel, you will still consider staying at our other properties.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Before you read this review, go to the Omni Hotel website and sign up for the free Select Guest program. Amenities are immediate and include free WiFi to basic room service.

Third time out to this hotel for business in two years. Hotel is very clean in and out with rooms being very well maintained and showing little wear.

24 Hour room service is available at this hotel.. but would recommend the Meritage for at least one dinner if you have time. Tap Room is great for a drink, meal and socializing. (It can be a little loud for conversation due to acoustics of this room)

Room Tip: Ask for a high room / mountain view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AIFL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broomfield
St Julien Hotel and Spa
Central Business District
Four Seasons Hotel Denver
The Westin Westminster
#5 of 19 in Westminster

Been to Omni Interlocken Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK