“Closed? It should have been closed by the health department years ago!”
Review of La Placita Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Placita Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 December 2014

Rodents, insects, and flies, Oh, My! Local Denver media has this restaurant noted as one of the highest health department violators that do not correct the problems. Food temperature violations can be deadly not to mention the critters. Let's hope that it is closed forever!

Reviewed 7 November 2014

I have lived in Brighton since 1969 and this has been my favorite Brighton restaurant in all that time. Other restaurants have come and gone, some very good ones, but La Placita has stood the test of time. It is not fancy, they don't change their menu every five years,but I feel that they have always provided good food for the price and good service.
I am Hispanic and grew up in a house where I feel that my mother's cooking is the best Mexican food ever, so I can say, given my background, that this restaurant's food is much better than frozen foods or Taco Bell. If you want upscale cuisine, you can go to Denver and pay their much higher prices for atmosphere and food with a little more pizzaz, but for my money La Placita is good food. Their guacamole is hard to beat. When my family and I are dead tired from a long day and we don't want to cook, La Placita is our comfort food restaurant that we always go to for good food and a pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

Really was not impressed with this Mexican restaurant. The waitress struggled with me ordering a simple chicken quesadilla for my one year old.
As for the food, the enchilada was gross, with burnt cheese. The chips and salsa (that cost extra) tasted right out of a bag of tortilla chips, not great. But the chili relleno was one of the best I've had.
Bathrooms were pretty dirty.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This restaurant has been in Brighton for a very long time; however, I do not know why when there are so many better restaurants in this area.

1  Thank donseeger
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have eaten at many many mex places, but this is the best. It is good for couples, families, everyone.