“Poor food, okay service”
Review of La Placita Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Placita Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 September 2014

Really was not impressed with this Mexican restaurant. The waitress struggled with me ordering a simple chicken quesadilla for my one year old.
As for the food, the enchilada was gross, with burnt cheese. The chips and salsa (that cost extra) tasted right out of a bag of tortilla chips, not great. But the chili relleno was one of the best I've had.
Bathrooms were pretty dirty.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This restaurant has been in Brighton for a very long time; however, I do not know why when there are so many better restaurants in this area.

1  Thank donseeger
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have eaten at many many mex places, but this is the best. It is good for couples, families, everyone.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Started eating there when it was called El Nopilitos and was doing business on North Main, across the street from Val's...equally awesome but no longer there. This was in the late 50's and early 60's. Back then my cousins from Vancouver, BC visited had dinner with us and at "El Nops" and he food had them crying from the unfamiliar spiciness. We Colorado kids gobbled it up and laughed at the lightweights...and we loved the spicy stuff.

A few years later El Nopilito moved up to its current location on East Bridge. The bigger dining room was a good move and kept the locals hooked up with good north New Mexico offerings. I don't remember exactly when El Nopilito became La Placita but in high school after every football or basketball game in the late 60's "La Plaz" was where everyone headed. The burritos, tacos and enchiladas rolled out rapidly and the kids eat it up.

Continued eating there as long as I live in Brighton, but in 1980 moved out of town. What a loss. Last September a group of us had spent a week dove hunting south of Ft. Morgan. As we drove home we got hungry at mid-day and I asked my fellow hunters if they wanted one of the best Mexican meals they had ever had. All said OK, skeptically, and we slid down off of I76 to La Placita. After the chip and salsa, and after the sumptuous feast, all sincerely said, "That was one of the best Mexican meals ever...ever...ever.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Poor service gross food & the manager is a #@*#@!!! STAY AWAY SAVE YOUR MONEY our 8 year old came home and asked for a tums after we had two! He said he keeped burping it and it made us all sick!

1  Thank ateven