“beautiful lodge with a beautiful view”

The Lodge at Breckenridge
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Oconomowoc, WI
“beautiful lodge with a beautiful view”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My husband and I were on our way driving up to a hiking spot, when we passed this lodge. We booked our first couple of nights before we left for our trip to Colorado, but we weren't sure what city we would stay in for the end of the trip, so hadn't yet booked the final night. We stopped in, even though my husband was saying, "Hah, we aren't going to be able to stay here- this place probably costs a million bucks to stay for a night!" The property and lodge is beautiful, and we went to tour some of the rooms, which also were awesome. We ended up booking that day- we did a mountain view room. The view from our room was breathtaking! The staff was very friendly. I felt the price we paid for the night was a steal, and we were disappointed we didn't stay here for the whole trip. We did not ski Breck, but I believe there is a shuttle that will take you down to the ski area and town, because the Lodge is a little off the beaten path. If we ever ski Breck in the future, we would definitely stay here, instead of paying some crazy price to stay closer to the slopes.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
The Lodge's personal shuttle runs during the winter season only. During the Spring, Summer and Fall there is the free Summit Stage that runs throughout Summit County our hotel sits right on one of the bus stops.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Lodge for two nights last weekend (April). We were in town for a competition (my son stayed in another hotel) but we were looking forward to some rest and relaxation as well. Our room was large but the bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen with only room to turn around. Our bed was horrible, we think it wasn't actually a mattress but a box spring, or at least an old old spring mattress with NO padding, just fabric between the springs and you. You could see the springs through the sheet. My husband slept but was understandably sore the next morning, I slept for 2 hours and 10 minutes and that is it. We talked to the front desk and told them about the mattress and only got a, "oh, I'm sure it has a mattress on it". I didn't want to stay the second night but my parents stayed one night in another room so we requested a move to their room when they left. Their mattress was fine and the bathroom bigger. They only had a pedestal sink with no counter space to get ready, though. The toilet was running so we mentioned it to the front desk on our way out for the day. When we returned that evening we noticed that the toilet was still running. Housekeeping had not replaced any of the soaps that my parents had used, and when I got into bed saw that the duvet had blood on it, it was covered by a sheet but grossed me out and I didn't use it.

Breakfast was laid out nice and offered typical continental choices as well as make it yourself waffles but bagels were not fresh. The lady stocking the table was not at all friendly, bordering rude to guests.

Overall the hotel has amazing views, a rustic lodge feel in the lobby. Rooms overall felt like a room at Motel 6 with a cheap update for a lodge look and breakfast area was dumpy. Our first room had the ceiling patched but not painted. Everything just really looked dated and cheap. I was very disappointed. Since I knew we wouldn't be spending much time at the hotel that weekend I didn't pay extra for a room with views, we got mountain view rooms that faced the parking lot to save a little. I don't know if the rooms on the other side of the hotel were better? They definitely had breathtaking views! Even with the views, I would not recommend this hotel and would not stay there again.

Room Tip: I would request a room with a valley view and check your room before accepting it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sa10co
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night in April. Our room was decent - we were told we had a mountain view but it was more of the side of the mountain. This place truly has a lodge feel - when we stayed it seemed like there were about 5 other people at the whole resort(end of ski season!) Clean room.

The FREE breakfast was great to have - typical hotel type - waffles/coffee and danishes.

They have a free shuttle that will take you down to town and you can call them when you are ready to be picked up.

This is off the beaten path of Breckenridge, but if you like your piece and quiet you should sit on the balcony of this lodge - its Beautiful. I can see that this was the place to be...in the 90s?!

Room Tip: We called the hotel directly but noticed that the price dropped about $20 a night on hotwire.com. I...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Our complimentary shuttle only runs during the Ski Season. We no longer have a direct shuttle for transportation till opening day of Breckenridge Ski Resort in Nov. 2012. The Lodge does sit right on the local free bus route so there is still a means of free transportation.
Maryland
Reviewed 6 April 2012

When we first saw this place nestled high on a perch overlooking Breckenridge, my wife and I both exclaimed "Wow." We were not disappointed.

Has a true lodge feel with exposed timber, fireplace in lobby and plenty of books, games and comfy chairs in foyer. On the deck, 2 hottubs overlooking the setting sun, the ski resort and the town.

The views are truly spectacular, well worth paying the extra "mountain view" rate.

The complimentary breakfast was OK, the cereal, bagels, mini-muffins, make-your-own waffles standard. Why fruits are always in such short supply at these breakfasts are a mystery. But again, the views from the breakfast room made everything taste better.

Very nice room, clean, comfortable.

A word of caution: elevation. As Breckenridge is about 9700 feet, the lodge is over 10,000 . You may want to arrive acclimated.

Room Tip: Mountain-view rooms worth the price.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This place is just gorgeous. People are wonderful, shuttle to town is convenient. Hot tubs look right at the mountain. Rooms are very nice, good size and beds are comfortable. Bring earplugs. Walls are thin. We got this place at a good price so it was well worth it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family