All reviews snowflake lift main street the kitchen hot tub great location these condos office staff bus stop no elevator christy sports master bedroom minute walk nice condo ski run end of the day flights of stairs late check
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Pine Ridge this past weekend. I am happy to say that overall it was a pleasant stay and the staff was wonderful and attentive to their guest; they provides us with recommend hike’s to go on and enjoy the wonderful views of their little town. While this was the first time I’ve been in Breckinridge when there wasn’t any snow, it was a beautiful to see all the different colors nature has to offer.

PRO:

I read on here a review that this place was DATED, I couldn’t disagree more, we stayed in a 3 bedroom; but we only booked for a 1bedroom, so they lockout 2 of the bedrooms. Which is fine, our condo had a VERY large living room, with a 42” flat screen, equipped with a receiver and surround sound, DVD/VHS player, and lot’s of seating for guest to come and visit. The Kitchen was a standard size kitchen that one would have in their own home, which is equipped with all the kitchen essentials’ – Blender, pots & Pans, dishwasher, refrigerator, cups, etc…you get the idea, you won’t need to purchase anything, in short this place is turn key living; even come with a washer & dryer. Condo had two balcony’s one in the live room area and the other in Master Bed room. Our 1 bedroom condo came with 2 full baths equipped with basics toiletries – Towels, hand soap, shampoo, and Hair Dryer.

CON:

While there isn’t much I can say bad about this establishment as a whole - the only thing that left a sour taste in my mouth was when I called at 9am and ask if we can have a late check out at 1030a versus 10am, the young lady in front desk said NO and the BEST she could do was 15 min. I kindly laughed and stated that it’s ok we’ll manage – she gave that fake laugh gesture back over the phone and hung up. My problem with this was 30min wasn’t going to kill their operation, their check-in is at 4pm and checkout is at 10am, where standard hotel check-in and out time are respectfully 3pm (check in) and 11am (checkout). All the explanation she had to give was the SAME tired standard hotel excuse that all hotel use “We need the room” while I understand that October fest was that weekend too; I can’t help but feel that my request wasn’t something do-able. Other than this incident is the only bad thing that happen. I’m happy to say that we didn’t need the extra time and check out 10min early, but still would’ve been nice to rush and pack.

OVERALL:

This place is a GREAT place that has friendly people just DON”T asks them for a late checkout…LOL. Their not having that; I would definitely recommended this place to a family who’s looking for a get away or a couple as well. Don’t rent movies from the front desk, you better off going down the street to the City Market and renting from the Red Box. Front desk prices are WAY to outrages. And please ignore the review of this establishment being DATED because it’s far from that, this place look’s exactly like a room should look for a mountain accommodations, the property is well maintained and clean. They have a fitness room and hot tub for those who need it. Thank you Pine Ridge for the great stay, like I stated earlier try to be a little more RELAX on the late check out stance. The other thing would be to equip the living room entertainment with one universal remote for easier access to everything. Leave instructions / cheat sheet on how to set up and use all the devices. This is better than having 4+ remotes.

Room Tip: We stayed in 3D was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank planedrs
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We have stayed at Pine Ridge over a period of 25 years. We have stayed in lofts with our family group, but in recent years we come in September just as a couple,and rent a one bedroom. We have always found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. Mitchell, the general manager and Darcy the sales manager are friendly and make us feel like they genuinely care that we enjoy our stay. It is important to use the gold, silver and platinum ratings. Choose platinum if you can. We have been much happier with the higher rated condo. This time we stayed nine nights and had a few minor problems, they were promptly addressed by a polite and friendly maintaince man. These condos are one block from the lovely main street of Breckenridge. We did not even drive our car for three days, we could easily walk to exercise and restaurants,even the free gondola up the mountain is within walking distance. Warning- we did not enjoy the Octoberfest so much--30,000 people drinking for three days on the main street. The condos try to control illegal parking, but we could not always find a space at our condo. We will check the gobreck site and avoid this date next year.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Wilma C
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We found the silver, gold, platinum level ratings important to use when making reservations. We stayed in 15A (a platinum level unit). It was very nice. Everything was nice. Two balconies, washer/dryer in unit, granite, leather, etc. We did the late check-in which worked out fine. The staff was great when we went to talk to them during our stay. They were so friendly and seemed willing to help with any problems. They gave great advice on Things to do and eat. The location is great, just a short walk to town. The salt-water pool and stainless steel hot tub were really nice. We were very comfortable for our entire stay and would recommend staying here. If there was a negative it would have to be that this is a fairly densely populated area and neighbors could be a problem if you had noisy ones. We did not.

Room Tip: GET A PLATINUM room and preview the pictures on-line.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Fctony
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Enjoyed everything about this condominium. The room was clean and updated (8D). We had good views from the balconies. There was a trail right out the back door going up the mountain. It was just a short stroll downtown. The kitchen was well equipped for cooking our own meals. The stainless steel hot tub was very clean. We had no maid service for the week which was totally fine with us. There was a washer and dryer in the room. Would love to come back in the winter as well as the summer.

Room Tip: Choose a Gold or Platinum Standard room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey C
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I made a reservation on 20th August, for 24 / 25 August and due to a medical issue for my furry kids, I am unable to attend my stay. I called and explained to the HOTEL MANAGER and he would not accept my cancellation. I am a retired USA ARMY OFFICER and a HOSPITALITY EXECUTIVE. Being 70 years old, I admire my FURRY KIDS and respect the need to be with them.
MITCH actually was ugly, and would not reason with the issue I had
DETLEF SARBOK CMCE CHA