I stayed at One Ski Hill over the Christmas to New Year's week with my wife and three daughters. I have to say that the location is superb and the property is beautiful. However, for the price there are many other premiuim ski-in/ski-out properties that I prefer at Vail, Big Sky, Telluride, Snowbird, Jackson Hole, and Steamboat.
My main issue with the property is that it doesn't have adequate nighttime dining facilities. The "Living Room" (the on-site restaurant) barely has the capacity to serve five or so tables. Otherwise you have to trek downtown for dinner. For the price, it shouldn't be a hassle to have dinner each night. On the positive side the skiers cafeteria is convenient for lunch.
The property seems to be poorly organized and/or managed. I don't blame the staff. In fact, everyone was very pleasant. Getting my rental car in and out of the garage was a breeze, the weekday concierge was a huge help setting up dinner reservations downtown, the front desk staff was efficient in dealing with problems, housekeeping tried their best with smiles on their faces, and the bartender was very helpful when we did order dinner while sitting at the bar or in front of the fireplace (my recommended approach to dinner in The Living Room).
Here are some of my negative experiences. First, they checked us into a unit that was occupied by the owner. They eventually found a smaller unit for us. The front desk gave us a discount coupon for the Living Room that had expired five days earlier. There was no safe in our unit although every unit was to have one. The housekeeping staff visited us at the end of the ski day when we were in rather than during the day when we were on the mountain. The water was cold everytime I took a shower. When we lost power (due to a wind storm) there were no emergency lights in the stairwells! It's the details that make for a good experience.
My conclusion is that while the location is magnificent and the property is beautiful the experience was not what I expected for the price. I like Breck. The next time I visit I'll try one of the new properties at the base of Peak 7.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the base of Peak 8, these luxury ski-in/ski-out condominiums are just steps from 5 lifts including the BreckConnect Gondola, which easily transports you to Peak 7 and into the charming town of Breckenridge. One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort, is a full service luxury lodge that offers 24 hour front desk services and onsite daily housekeeping, nightly turn down services, maintenance, bell, valet, seasonal ski valet, concierge, spa, and a seasonal bar and lounge. Where Luxury and Location Meet an ideal location in a perfect destination...One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort, has an unrivaled location allowing you to experience the best of Breckenridge. You can walk out the door and access the lifts, a lively plaza and a whole mountain of adventure. Whatever you desire in a Colorado vacation, One Ski Hill Place in Breckenridge, Colorado has what you're looking for. With some of the best skiing in the western hemisphere, this historic gold mining town will put the "O!" In Colorado.Choose from any of the 76 restaurants and bars and take it easy after a perfect day on the slopes. From snowshoeing, to sledding, to ice skating, and even sleigh rides, Breckenridge has it all for any winter sports enthusiast.Relax with a massage treatment in the Rejuvenation Center and bask in the luxurious accommodations at One Ski Hill Place. No guest goes unnoticed! Each is treated with authentic world-class hospitality. Travel magazines everywhere agree: One Ski Hill Place in Breckenridge is where the memories of a lifetime are made. Visit Breckenridge's museum and Welcome Center and find yourself charmed as you travel back into the Old West.The greatest trial of any vacation at One Ski Hill Place is finding adequate time to fit in all the fun and excitement! Even in the summer, you'll find endless opportunities to explore and play in Breckenridge. Take a hot air balloon ride and you'll see people whitewater rafting, biking, hiking, fly fishing and rock climbing.From horseback riding to shopping in over 200 stores, you'll swear you found gold at One Ski Hill Place. Choose your luxury accommodations today at oneskihill.Cm and make your dream vacation a reality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Ski Hill Place, a Rockresort
- One Ski Hill Place, a Rock Hotel Breckenridge