One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort
Residence Inn by Marriott Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$ 183
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$ 163
US$ 228
Main Street Station(Breckenridge)
US$ 255
US$ 202
Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$ 162
US$ 152
Orbitz.com
Mountain Thunder Lodge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$ 244
US$ 222
The Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$ 157
US$ 136
DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$ 223
US$ 195
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Grand Lodge on Peak 7(Breckenridge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Breck Inn(Breckenridge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbowling alleyfun parkliving roombilliard roommedia roomfull kitchenslope sideroom servicesteam showercontinental dividefour seasonsmurphy bedalpine slideindoor poolpool tablevalet servicebeautiful resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2012

To be fair concerning this review, we usually stay at Ritz Carlton, St Regis type resorts for our family ski trips and expected this to be on par as we were certainly paying for such.

One Ski Hill is located at the base of peak 8 so you are required to take the tram ( operates during the day) or the shuttle (shared by several hotels at night) to go into the Village of Breckenridge for shopping, restaurants etc. unless you have your own car.

Upon arrival, Saturday of Presidents Day weekend, we were issued a room overlooking the front drive of the hotel. I explained that when I booked the reservation ( Breckenridge Central Reservations) I called the hotel directly to discuss room location while still in the cancellation period. I explained that my husband doesn't ski but comes on these trips to watch others on the slopes and that we required a slope side room. I was told that "this will be no problem". The man checking us in rolled his eyes and said that he didn't know why someone would tell us this since there was only one slope side 1 bedroom condo at the resort. He clearly let us know he thought we were lying. We then offered to pay the difference and move to a 2 bedroom slope side and was told that nothing would be available until Monday. Left with no options we decided to wait and move on Monday. Monday am, we called downstairs to ask what time we should expect to change condos and were told that they don't move guests in the middle of their stay and were not sure why we just assumed we would be changed to a slope side view condo!

There were many other issues such as housekeeping. They came each day around 4pm and asked "do you need housekeeping today"? Very frustrating after a long day of skiing and trying to shower, rest etc. to have them in the room and they obviously resented being there. Valet was limited to one person who you had to track down if you needed to check your car in or out. The most glaring deficiency at this hotel is the front desk staff. They are incredibly condescending in their communication with guests. Rudeness was witnessed by us and other guests several times during our stay. There is a sign on the front desk offering complementary cookies. My son, while my husband and I watched from the front door, walked up and ask if he could please have a cookie. The girl behind the desk didn't speak or acknowledge him, gave her co-worker a smirk, and basically threw a cookie on the counter.

After these issues and other disappointments, we decided to leave three days early and go to a nearby resort. Upon checkout, there was no "sorry to see you go early etc". They did however tell us that we were still responsible for resorts fees for the days we were not going to be there!

I do want to mention that we had a maintenance issue and the maintenance staff was excellent. Also, we ordered from room service several times and the food was good and service perfect.

We have stayed at another Rock Resort property and did not have these types of issues so I must believe that the problem is with staff training at this location.

Room Tip: They do not honor room requests.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank lalea
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We just stayed here and there are plenty of good things about this place but also a few negative.
I only have 2 negative comments regarding the room. Overall the one bedroom was great except that there is NO storage place for the guests that sleep on the Murphy bed in the living room and there is no water pressure in the showers I think due to the type of shower head. Otherwise it is very nice and it was GREAT to have the washer/dryer in the unit. The hotel is layed out pretty well but there are a few odd things. The hotel spends money to build 2 media rooms but then only has a very small DVD selection in their extremely small & limited "market". This is the same movies you get to choose from for the DVD player in your room. It would be nice if there were movies to rent from tv in room or even at least in the media rooms. There is no spa but there is a relaxation area with a couple of rooms for massage treatments. I had a massage & it was great! The workout room is small but sufficient although it would have been nice for the machines to face out to the slopes instead of the pool area. The 2 pools are small but area is nice enough. Hot tub inside looked nice but the one outside was broken. The sauna & steam room are co Ed which we didn't care for but when I used the steam room no one was in there. The ski in ski out lockers were GREAT! You literally are right there. The ski resort staff were very nice however we wish that they would have told us that Peak 9 actually has the easier greens vs Peak 8. So our crew did it backwards and were somewhat disappointed especially since the last day we were there peak 8 was dead but peak 9 was busy. The hotel staff was nice enough but we found the concierge, valet and housekeepers to be much nicer & helpful than the front desk. Front desk was kind of reserved and aloof. Also, we tried to reserve the bowling alley a day before as suggested but earlier times were booked so the 9pm ended up being too late for us and we cancelled. Looked nice though so try and reserve extra early if you want a particular time.

The town is very close and a real easy 2 minutes to drive to. We used the shuttle one day and it was more of a hassle.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and will most likely return but I think the website oversells it as a luxury resort since it lacks a few things....as well as it is a tad overpriced

Room Tip: You are surrounded by mountains so I can't see where you can go wrong BUT since I was injured I guess I would have liked slopeside view to see my family on slopes.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bellaherna
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Just finished a brief President's day holiday trip and was disappointed. I thought I would get a "5 star" experience ( I certainly paid for it) and instead got maybe a 3 star experience.
Expensive--VERY
Convenient-- to slopes, NOT to town
Crowded--VERY ( yes, was a holiday weekend, but I hear Beaver Creek was less crowded--may try that next year.
Service--Friendly, yes
Efficient, not so much--cereal dropped on floor never picked up by housekeeping.
New--Yes
Well run operation?--not yet
Bottom line--same service available elsewhere at one half the price.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank lovethesnow11
OSHPandCPLManager, Front Office Manager at One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you lovethensow11 for your review. I am very sorry that you did not receive the high level of service you were expecting. We strive to provide an exceptional experience in every possible way and we take any feedback very seriously. I would love to discuss in greater detail if you would like to contact me at (970) 547-8807.

Chris

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Loved the location and services. Large rooms, quiet, nice set up for ski -in/out having extremely nice separate locker and changing room to get ready before heading out.

Not crowded, lots of attention if you want it or none if you don't.

Room Tip: Ask about a room overlooking the slope versus the road side which doesn't have as nice views.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I think the condo was up to date, average toiletries, lovely decor.
Of course the amazing convenience of ski in / ski out is great.
Overpriced because it is not more impressive or clean or spacious than mountain thunder lodge but it is at least three times more expensive.
Beautiful pool area. Wow with the view from all sides and really great valet/ bell hop. Loved the bowling alley.
I loved how wonderfully my " day only" guests were treated!!
Valet offered to them and I know they felt special and welcomed even though they only came up to ski for they day.
My son arrived hours before me to check in and he was also warmly welcomed, given mini tour.

I had a concern about quality of cleanliness ( I'm picky with 5 star places) and was underwhelmed.
Large blood splat on wall in bedroom. Told supervisior when i found it and complained via survey after I left.
Response was disappointing. I know things can be missed, but this was right below a lightswitch.( looked like a a nose bleed that was sprayed all over the wall. How many times did I or my daughter touch that???
I did not post my thoughts about this until I got a response from management. I felt my concern was treated very poorly/ trivial email with ad for website.
Also, I do expect glassware to be WASHED.
I saw the housekeeper " wipe" the bathroom glassware with a rag and place it back on the counter.
I also mentioned this via survey and was told they use " clean rags" from manager via email.
Really? How about soap and water? Dishwasher?

I will choose another place next time simply due to the manager's lame response. To the manager:
Just admit when you are wrong, don't be defensive. It's just annoying when a customer takes time to inform you of a problem.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank coloradomichelle
OSHPandCPLManager, Front Office Manager at One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Thank you so much for your comments and we appreciate your honesty. I would like to personally apologize for the problems you experienced with cleanliness of your unit at One Ski Hill Place. To the best of our knowledge this is an isolated event and certainly not the type of experience that we wish any of our guests to have. We treat feedback like this with the utmost seriousness and have conducted a thorough investigation into what happened. We have a two step process of cleaning and inspecting the units, either one which should have identified the mark. In regards to the glassware, it is our standard that we run all kitchenware through the dishwasher and we have taken several steps to address the breakdown in this procedure. I sincerely apologize again for the problems you experienced and I hope to have the opportunity to speak to you personally in the near future.

Posted on Behalf of Kate Grattan, General Manager.