I just returned from a weekend at this resort and wanted to share my experience with others considering staying here. I had researched hotels and was really excited to experience everything this resort had to offer from what I had read. Having experienced many five star hotels, normally when I have spent over $700 per night, I expect the best of the best, especially in regards to customer service. Unfortunately, this was not the case with this hotel and I was extremely disappointed when I left.
One of the main reasons I booked this hotel was for the ski-in/out privilege yet this "privilege" is not offered the day you leave the hotel. Therefore, if you are staying Friday thru Sunday, the only day you can use the lockers is Saturday. Sunday we were not allowed to use the lockers and had to give back the keys by check out at 11am. On Saturday evening, I went up to the front desk to request a late check-out or at least use the locker so that we could leave our shoes while we were skiing. The girl at the front desk began to ask what time we were planning on leaving the hotel (1pm- 2 hours after check-out) and then the manager, who was eavesdropping on our conversation, VERY rudely interrupted the girl helping us and told us no late check outs, no use of the locker. She did not even ask what our schedule was, she just flat out denied our request without even trying to accommodate us. I felt very frustrated by her treatment. She told us that the lockers had to be available for the guest checking in on Sunday. Fact : Check-in was at 4pm. Check-out was at 11pm, we were leaving by 1pm. Her rationale did not make any sense. By her brutally rebuffing our request, this ruined the rest of our trip. She did not even attempt to accommodate us or ask what our situation was. On Sunday, we were packed and out of our room by 9 am to ski and had to get all of our stuff out of the locker, put our ski gear on, walk to the first floor and return the lockers keys and give the front desk our shoes. Then when we were done skiing I had to walk back into the hotel, down to the first floor in my ski boots to get our shoes, while my boyfriend waited outside with our skis. So much for the “ski-in ski-out" expereince. Sunday was very incovenient.
In addition to this experience that ruined out trip, below are additional reasons this hotel is not worth the money:
1. We stayed in the studio room. No "real bed" only a Murphy bed that had to be pulled down at bedtime. No night stand, no way to get out of the bed if you are sleeping on the left side as the bed is pushed against the window. VERY uncomfortable.
2. Bathroom - Nothing spectacular, one sink, bath-tub combo, with curtain shower rod. No water pressure or warm water temperature. We actually thought there was something wrong with our shower because the temperature never reached above lukewarm. An engineer tried to fix it, but said this was the warmest it could get for "safety reasons". The last thing you want after a full day of skiing in the cold is a lukewarm shower. Not what you expect at "top" hotel.
3. From 7am to around 7pm, very loud and constant noises above our room. When we arrived on Friday, tired from our travels, we wanted to take a nap. Unfortunately because of the loud noises, we were unable to sleep. A person from the front desk came up to check on it but could not pin point the noise. And told us that it was probably housekeeping and it would probably diminish towards the end of the day. Same noise the rest of the trip.
4. Requested turn down service, which was especially important because we had the Murphy bed. First night housekeeping came in, but didn't turn down bed, just left us two new towels.
5. The bowling alley broke three times during the one hour we were in there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the base of Peak 8, these luxury ski-in/ski-out condominiums are just steps from 5 lifts including the BreckConnect Gondola, which easily transports you to Peak 7 and into the charming town of Breckenridge. One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort, is a full service luxury lodge that offers 24 hour front desk services and onsite daily housekeeping, nightly turn down services, maintenance, bell, valet, seasonal ski valet, concierge, spa, and a seasonal bar and lounge. Where Luxury and Location Meet an ideal location in a perfect destination...One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort, has an unrivaled location allowing you to experience the best of Breckenridge. You can walk out the door and access the lifts, a lively plaza and a whole mountain of adventure. Whatever you desire in a Colorado vacation, One Ski Hill Place in Breckenridge, Colorado has what you're looking for. With some of the best skiing in the western hemisphere, this historic gold mining town will put the "O!" In Colorado.Choose from any of the 76 restaurants and bars and take it easy after a perfect day on the slopes. From snowshoeing, to sledding, to ice skating, and even sleigh rides, Breckenridge has it all for any winter sports enthusiast.Relax with a massage treatment in the Rejuvenation Center and bask in the luxurious accommodations at One Ski Hill Place. No guest goes unnoticed! Each is treated with authentic world-class hospitality. Travel magazines everywhere agree: One Ski Hill Place in Breckenridge is where the memories of a lifetime are made. Visit Breckenridge's museum and Welcome Center and find yourself charmed as you travel back into the Old West.The greatest trial of any vacation at One Ski Hill Place is finding adequate time to fit in all the fun and excitement! Even in the summer, you'll find endless opportunities to explore and play in Breckenridge. Take a hot air balloon ride and you'll see people whitewater rafting, biking, hiking, fly fishing and rock climbing.From horseback riding to shopping in over 200 stores, you'll swear you found gold at One Ski Hill Place. Choose your luxury accommodations today at oneskihill.Cm and make your dream vacation a reality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Ski Hill Place, a Rockresort
- One Ski Hill Place, a Rock Hotel Breckenridge