“A lovely place to spend a birthday!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

MelodyHei...
Wheaton, Illinois
“If only. . .”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

I have so wanted to give this condo an excellent review, but I just can't. We found it to be a great and convenient location, although noisy along the road. The amenities were fine, but the whole place just seemed a little cheap. With about $100 investment by the owners, most everything could have been fixed.

The carpets were filthy, though this is not surprising without a doormat, broom, whisk broom, or vacuum on site. The Master Bathroom is laughable. It is so small the door rams into the toilet every time you enter. I suspect the whole room was plumbed incorrectly and no one bothered to fix it. The shower curtain is held up by a tension rod that pops off regularly. You could throw your robe on the toilet, but there is not even a robe hook. The tube TV in the 2nd bedroom takes up the whole dresser, but isn't hooked up to anything.

Upstairs, the kitchen was nice, though there was nothing extra in it except a tablespoon of salt. We did pack lunches or eat in most days and used all the appliances which worked well. The kitchen trash can is a a 4 gallon size, so we ended up stacking our boxes of trash along the wall each day. We''re not barbarians, but it doesn't hold the a cereal box, pasta box and jar from the spaghetti sauce.

Loved having the washer and dryer--brought my own Tide pods and did two loads of wet gear a day. This was often necessary since the unit had 8 hangers and no hooks anywhere. We would come in from hiking or biking in the rain with 4 wet Camelbaks, 4 wet fleece jackets, 4 wet raincoats--and not have any option but to dump them all on the entry floor outside the bathroom. We couldn't hang them up over the shower bar since it would crash down.

We did draw all these items to the management's attention at the end of our stay so that hopefully, it will be better for the next guest. They're not dealbreakers--but it just seemed like like no one really cares.

Two other observations--after 2 long days of driving, our unit was not ready at 4 for arrival We were told we couldn't leave our car at the check in site. We ended up waiting for at least another hour -but to move the packed car and bikes "somewhere else". Coming from an eastern time zone, the delayed check in made us late for our other planned events for the evening, pushing our grocery store to late at night. it just didn't set a good tone--and when I asked, I was told "we are busy and had units turn over" No apology. If I treated my clients that way, I wouldn't have any.

All that being said, we have a nice trip, the accommodations were fine, though not special. We also figured the "no wireless access" was an extension of the cheap theme since the router is sitting on the kitchen counter. Turned on.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
“Below expectations”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

The condo itself was nice, but nothing special. Tvs were old tube type, not flat screens. Lamps had burned out bulbs and when I called to get them replaced it took about 24 hours. Bags of soiled linens were stacked on the walkway leading to the door making it difficult to navigate. Even though I mentioned those when calling about the light bulbs they were never removed. Finally, the unit had not been properly cleaned before we arrived. While the location was nice, the accomadations were much below our expectations.

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?

Travellers are raving about these Breckenridge hotels

Lakewood Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
Management Response
7 Aug 2013
Hello- Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and accommodations. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon in Breckenridge.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Location, Nice Unit”
Reviewed 20 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

The only criticism I would have of the unit is that a couple of the dining room chairs will probably need to be replaced soon. Aside from that, this was a great unit. The location is excellent, just a short-ish walk (or very short drive) from the gondola base. The unit itself is in great shape, and has all of the usual amenities (sheets, plates/pots/silverware/knives, etc). The gas fireplace is a nice touch as well; it lets you heat up the living room area really quickly when you get back from a day of skiing/boarding. Also make sure you download the Ski Country app for your phone, I was skeptical, but it was actually a really well done and very useful app to have before I headed out for my visit.

Management Response
20 Mar 2013
Hello- Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your stay. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the easy and convienent location of your rental unit as well as the amenities. I am also elated to hear that you downloaded and utilized our mobile app! Right now, it seems to be a hidden gem for those who decide to download it but we are working on ways to get more people to know about all the features. I will definitely submit your comments to our maintenance department to go look at the chairs. We appreciate your business and hope to host you on any future stays in Breckenridge!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Clean, but needs serious updating!!”
Reviewed 8 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

This condo was very convenient to the slopes and within walking distance to Main St. Having said that, we will not stay at this location again. We expected nicer accommodations at this price point. The mattress, pillows and bedding seemed old, worn and were not very comfortable. The electronics were very outdated (no flat-screen tvs and limited cable). Furthermore, wi-fi was not provided. This unit has great potential and could be very nice with a little TLC and updating. Finally, the management company and staff were wonderful and we particularly enjoyed the complimentary shuttle. We are looking forward to experiencing another unit in the future...

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing