“Great atmosphere”
Review of Modis

Modis
Reserve with OpenTable
Modis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 154 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ski Hill Rd
Transit: "Free Ride" transit stop located 1/2 block south on Main Street at the Blue River Plaza.
Description: Colorado contemporary cuisine in a vibrant and eclectic atmosphere. We focus on the art of food, drinks, and life. Come in a try our seasonally changing menu. Enjoy 44 wines by the glass and more than 40 craft cocktails! We have 2 daily happy hours 3-6 P.M. And 9-close. With dinner service starting at 5 P.M. And ending around 9:30 P.M. Tuesday - Sunday.
Breckenridge
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I love walking into Modis and sitting at the bar for a drink and an appetizer (great people watching). And for full on dinner it is a great location.

Visited November 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Newnan, Georgia
“Walked in for a drink but ended up staying for a great meal”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This was our last night in Breck after as week. We were planning to do a sushi dinner elsewhere but wanted cocktails and some apps before.

The space is warm and welcoming and we sat at the bar for a few hours. Bartenders were great and friendly.

For our apps, we had the mussels (much above average) and an interesting Indian inspired app with saag, eggplant curry, and chickpea potatoes. Very good indeed.

Since the dinner looked quite interesting, we decided to forgo sushi and stayed. I ordered the tenderloin special - meat was very tended with a nice Steak Diane sauce. My wife had the Pho bowl that was pretty unique for a non-Vietnamese place. We also got the brussel sprout leaves - we have grown very attached to brussels in the last couple of years, but these were some of the best. The asparagus was also very nice.

So all in alll our best dining experience in Breck - slightly better than Petit Paris and certainly better than Relish.

1 Thank rogerslb
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great Place to go by yourself - if you sit at the bar”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Saw the restaurant mentioned, and long waits at other places, so I walked in. No tables were open, but there were a few seats at the bar. There were two young guys tending bar, and they were great. Friendly and accommodating. Had the roast duck breast which was excellent, as was the cherry sauce.

Found out the next day the origin of the name. Seems like the owner had a younger brother who would say at dinner, when there way something he really liked: " Mo Dis."

White Plains, New York
“Great service, good food.”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a reservation on a Friday evening in February, it was busy but we were seated quickly. The restaurant decor is interesting, nice art, maybe not as cozy as I would have liked for a "romantic" restaurant (no candles on the tables, paper table cloth, etc).
The waiter was friendly and helpful.
The food came out surprisingly quickly, which was nice. The food was good but not great. I had an asian noodle dish that was tasty but logistically hard to eat.

I would probably try another area restauarant before returning to this one, but it was ok.

Mexico City, Mexico
“Really, really disappointed”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The food and ambience was good, the experience was terrible!!! Wee forgot a new camera on the table and although we were the last persons to leave the restaurant because they were closing, the camera never appeared and the owner did not felt responsible for the theft

2 Thank Pi-Suner
modis, Owner at Modis, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
I don't normally respond to reviews since everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Accusing my staff or me of theft is another issue. In the 25 years I have been in business in Breckenridge no one has ever accused me of stealing. Immediately after you left I cleaned the table myself, there was no camera on or around the table. I don't feel any responsibility for your lost camera because you did not leave it in my restaurant. Eric Mamula