“Very nice place to stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
new jersey
“Very nice place to stay”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I'm just back from 4 nights in Boulder at the Homewood Suites and would definitely stay there again! It is a little hard to find but you won't have any problems if you read the other comments on Trip Advisor. The mall has a nice Safeway, drug store, bagel store, pizza place and bakery, among others. The suite was very nice and while the room was a little tight with the two double beds, it wasn't a problem. Housekeeping was excellent and efficient and the people running the breakfast service did a great job. Everything was always fully stocked (15 minutes before the breakfast was ending, they were refilling the eggs) and the staff was very pleasant. My only complaint is that the choice of tv channels was very limited!

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
HWSBoulderSales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel - we always like to hear great feedback about your stay with us! I wanted to give you a quick update to let you know we just completed a television programming upgrade to offer many more channels and HD channel options to our guests. We hope you can come back to Boulder to stay with us again and watch all your "must see" shows!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Delaware
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I think this is the only Hilton property in Boulder. Our two double bed, one bedroom suite was a bit cramped. The kitchen was outdated. We did not spend much time in the room itself.

Wish there was an indoor pool to enjoy in the evening with the kids.

We did not eat at any of the complementary dinners. The free breakfast had good variety and was well stocked. Seating was never an issue. The host at the breakfast was friendly and professional. The coffee was not bad for a hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
SF Bay Area, California
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The hotel is located behind a shopping center and it can be hard to locate for the first time visitor. Drive east on Baseline from US 36 and look for the entrance to the shopping center before you get to the expessway, turn right into the shopping center, then left and follow the road around to the hotel. The rooms are two room suites, We have stayed there twice and the two suites have had different floor plans. There is a kitchette in each unit. They serve a one main course dinner for four or five nights a week. (The main courses vary from day to day.) The breakfasts offer a number of choices. Altogether, the hotel seems to be somewhat upscale at a midrange price. It is definitely worth considering.

Room Tip: You need to understand what the different floor plans are to be able to do choose what type of room...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
HWSBoulderSales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs when you visited Boulder this month! I am so sorry to hear that you had difficulty finding our location. We are tucked back into a quiet part of the neighborhood, which can sometimes pose a challenge. We have just updated the directions on our website, on our hold music and several other sources to provide a clear path to us for all our guests.

We also are rolling out more descriptions and factors on our website for our different suite types. If you ever have any questions about the layout of suites, don't hesitate to call us and we can walk you through all your options.

All the team is pleased to hear that you enjoyed the meals, the kitchen in your suite and felt like you got a good value from Homewood Suites. We hope you'll come back again to see us - we look forward to serving you!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Frankly, there aren't a lot of options in Boulder, if you're in bed with hhonors like I am, then this is it. Here in lies the problem; it seems like this could be a hole lot more but ultimately is a bit lacking, it could be me, I've never stayed in a homewood suites before.

First things first; the room was fine, in fact it was more than fine, there was a ton of room! However, I have two major gripes: 1) I was on the ground floor. I appreciate this might seem a little obnoxious but as I'm a Diamond VIP I've become accustom the check-in staff taking note of my preferences and not putting me on a low floor. Yes, I appreciate this hotel has few floors! 2) Here's the biggest one: I cannot fathom why the sound-proofing is so poor! Yes, my neighbours (above) had their TV louder than most people but I heard every footstep, every toss and turn and every 3AM trip to the toilet.

The reality is though that I actually enjoyed my stay here. The staff are magnificent and you get free breakfast, yes, the breakfast at Dennys might be better but it's far from bad and it's included for everyone!

Will I stay here again? Errr...well, I have no choice when it comes to Boulder, but based on experience, yeah, I will. Next time though, I shall be insisting on not being on the ground floor.

Room Tip: Ask to avoid a ground floor, in fact ask, for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us from your stay this month. We appreciate all your tips and constructive criticism in order that we can strive to offer our guests the best stay possible every time!

I apologize that you encountered some issues with noise from your "neighbors". We always look to fulfill the preferences of our guests in room placement, especially our Diamond Hilton HHonors guests and we fell short of your expectations this time. We do truly value your continued relationship with our Hilton properties and will do our best to make sure your next reservation can have your requests honored.

In addition, I am sorry to hear that you found our breakfast to be lackluster. We offer a host of different options each day to give hearty options and healthy choices. If you have any suggestions of specific items you would like to see on our menu, please let us know and we will take that into consideration.

Again, I appreciate you passing on this information to us. We hope that you will return to see us again and we will work hard to meet and exceed all your expectations!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 April 2012

It is not the most picturesque location, beside a highway and a shopping mall, but the suites are well-equipped and clean. The shopping mall has a Safeway, a liquor store, and other shops; it's nice to have those things easily accessible. The neighborhood includes a condo development, a school, so it's nice for getting walking excercise.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
HWSBoulderSales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you for writing a review of the hotel from your recent stay with us! Convenient and comfortable are two words we love to hear, as they are two of the many things we pride oursevles on at Homewood Suites Boulder. We want you relax and feel at home and it sounds like you did just that!

Come back to visit us again soon - we look forward to having you as our guest!