“Such a wonderful resource!”

Carnegie Branch Library for Local History
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I am researching our family history in the Boulder area from the 1860's forward and found this place to be a real treasure trove with many resources and extremely helpful staff. Thank you Boulder for keeping history alive with this invaluable vault of records from the past!!

Reviewed 29 November 2015

I was just their its in the heart of the city old building from dale carnagie years.one librarian was friendly and helpful the other wasn't.

Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

I wanted to research and this is the place to research Boulder County local history. The librarians were a huge help. City, County, and cemetery Directories, tax assessor and many other records are readily available. Within a short time I had all the information that I needed. A genealogist's delight. Metered, on-street parking.

Reviewed 6 August 2015

I wish I had wanted to research something here, because it sure looked like a serious library, like ones I remember from college. The building itself is beautiful and the librarians looked like they probably knew anything about which you might want to ask.
I contented myself with perusing Joel Haertling's excellent photo exhibit of the history of Boulder's Hippies. These days everyone is up in arms about "homeless", less so hippies. Hmmm

1  Thank Miriahm D
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 September 2012

When I was in Boulder, I visited the main library. I asked the reference desk librarian what else she recommended I see in my day and she said, 'The Carnegie Branch Library, it's the original library in Boulder.' It is just a short walk from the main library and just blocks away from Pearl Street Mall. I was glad I visited this little gem.

The building is very small. It won't take you long to look around but this is a little gem. The wood floors creak, the reference card catalog is still there and you can feel the old timey atmosphere. I totally recommend a short visit. I only stayed a few minutes but I loved the photos I took.

2  Thank Terri R