“Disappointing”
Review of Greenbriar Inn

Greenbriar Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Greenbriar Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 600 Restaurants in Boulder
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 42
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy 36 & Lefthand Canyon
Description: Opened in 1967, The Greenbriar Inn is an elegant restaurant, tavern and private event space located in the north Boulder countryside and nestled at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. The surrounding 20 acres features two ponds, striking woodland and thriving produce, herb, and flower gardens. The cuisine focuses on seasonal, American classics and is complimented by a 900 label award-winning wine cellar.
Reviewed 3 January 2018

They clearly want to make this a high-end restaurant experience but they missed. The helpings were tiny, the food itself was OK. The service was missing in details (how many times should we have to say "no glutten" or "no ice in the water please"?) For a place this expensive I would expect better.

2  Thank DA8026

Reviewed 12 November 2017

It was good and it was mediocre! I believe they tried to make it a wonderful reservation, but a couple things failed.. Our table was upstairs in a corner, which in and of itself was wonderful, very quiet out of the way corner especially for our anniversary dinner. BUT, both of us have issues with knees and climbing rather steep steps was somewhat of an issue. We should have been asked if upstairs was alright!! Especially for brunch where all the food was downstairs and you go up and down a lot or you don't eat much. I'm not one to pile my plate full of food and possibly not eat it. Than most of it gets thrown away. I rather make lots of smaller trips but going up and down the steps was a pain in the .... knees.
There wasn't any really outstanding foods on the buffet. With the exception of the crème Brule', had a few of them. The prime rib was nice and medium rare but a lot of grizzle all through it, wasn't any real nice slices. "Traditional Eggs Benedict" ... Really? A small piece of something, bread, toasted till hard, then shaved ham, egg and hollandaise sauce. It shouldn't be labeled traditional call it a Greenbrier Eggs Benedict but not traditional. Traditional is a nice English muffin nicely toasted with a piece of Canadian bacon, with a beautiful poached egg and Hollandaise sauce lusciously all over it. The meats were not very impressive on the cutting board, Where are the slabs of meat under the heat lamps being beautifully carved while you watch? Not much showmanship!! I had a made to order omelet, very good and had no issues with it.
Fruits and cheeses were only adequate. The cantaloupe was near something and had a very funny taste to it.
Deserts were fun, a lot of different ones and properly sized so you could try a lot of them and not feel bad if you didn't finish all of it.
Back to the upstairs issue. The waitress was great till she got three or four more tables. It's nice not to see all the condiments on the table BUT to get salt and pepper you have to wait for the waitress or go DOWNSTAIRS for it. If you forgot butter for your rolls which wasn't near the rolls you had to wait for the waitress or go DOWNSTAIRS for it. Of course ketchup, maybe it's a bad word, for my potatoes but of course had to wait for it to be retrieved from the DOWNSTAIRS. Everything took longer upstairs, refills of Bloody Mary's, had to wait for her to go downstairs and get them. The upstairs seats about 50 to 80 people. I'm sure it works fine for regular dinner. They don't seem to be able to pull off a brunch upstairs though.
And
My number one pet peeve is the bacon was close to raw!!! Just as a number of other people have reviewed it. WHAT'S wrong with crispy bacon or at least somewhere in between what they were serving and real crispy bacon. In my humble opinion I think most people would prefer to have their bacon on the more done side. I gather the restaurant never reads these reviews.
All in All it was ok. It's just not like the Sunday Buffet Brunch's I'm used to. There are very few Buffet Brunch's in the Denver area. I don't want a sudo restaurant that offers a brunch menu. I love a good Sunday Buffet Brunch. If anyone knows of any let me know. Thanks

1  Thank Mark E
Reviewed 7 November 2017

We were celebrating one of our son't engagement and wanted to do something special. We were so disappointed. Most of the items needed refilling and we ended up going back to our table and waiting for more...a couple of times. My son spit out the raw oyster as soon as he put it in his mouth and said it tasted bad. The pasta was mushy. The tenderloin was overdone. The Eggs Benedict was overdone. The quiche looked gross; they had a pastry dough on top of a pile of mushy eggs. The service was also disappointing. It took 15 minutes to get a Bloody Mary and the waitress complained that everyone sat down at the same time. That is the absolute worst thing a server can say to me. A good server can handle numerous tables at once and do not complain to the guest about it. Upon leaving, someone that I assume was a manager asked us how the brunch was. So I told him and all he said was, wow, we don't usually hear that and walked away. I expected much better for $50 pp.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Went out with Colorado friends to their favorite restaurant and enjoyed an enchanting evening. Food and service was excellent and overall ambience enticing. Great evening and look forward to another visit

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Terrible experience hosting visitors from East Coast. Reservation was missing. Table was in terrible location - by exit to restrooms lot of traffic. Chafing dishes were empty, food was luke warm, raw bar was never replenished. Desserts were disappointing to visitors. Chef could not make an omelette nor eggs over easy, service was spotty and total waste of money - total disappointment despite mentioning lack of food to service personnel.

1  Thank tsar44