“Wow, what a bad experience”

Z Casino Black Hawk
Ranked #18 of 25 Restaurants in Black Hawk
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Reviewed 2 October 2018

First time in the casino/area. Of all the casino's in Black Hawk, honestly every casino I've ever been in, this was the worst experience. As a newbie you can pretty easily earn the free prime rib, on their monkey game thing at the kiosk. When I asked about it the person in customer service said "can I still use this tonight" and was told no, that the kitchen was closed, so I asked if I just come back tomorrow then, and he said no my deal isn't valid as it was too late for the kitchen to be open and my ticket was only good for today. I stood there for a moment in a bit of disbelief and made the statement that "it doesn't make sense for them to issue something like that if it wasn't going to be valid." He looked around me and said "next" so I left. I had also gotten a comp for the prime rib which made it cheaper or I could get it for a reduced price - again just for that day and the kitchen was already closed. It doesn't make sense.

Add to this the guy in customer service doesn't belong in customer service either, he didn't appear to like his job, or maybe just pulled a bad schedule (it was later, going on midnight) and maybe he was taking that out on customers? I don't know, regardless I'll never go back to this casino and I'd recommend if you do and you're wanting to earn their comps, do it early in the day, avoid it in the evening/night. Based on other reviews however I don't appear to have missed out on anything with the prime rib.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

777 stake a lie must spend money gambling first, no smiles from server, all a trick, won't be back, I like a honest place,

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Ventured in this casino while I as in Black Hawk
very nice newer or seems very redone and
great restaurant and great atmosphere. I had fun here and loved the color combinations

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

I just love this place, starbucks, mustang grille, loose slots, friendly cocktail servers and all staff are engaged.

Joe B, VP Marketing at Z Casino Black Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Thank you very much for your comments. We really appreciate the feedback. I will make sure the appropriate department heads and Team Members receive your review. Come back and see us again!

Joe

Reviewed 14 October 2016

Visited in Oct 2016. The casino had Wizard of OZ Ruby Slippers slot... which is hard to find. Played it and won a little! It had a good game selection. Staff was also friendly.