“Surprisingly Awesome”

Lucille Malone. S
Ranked #10 of 25 Restaurants in Black Hawk
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I have to say that this place has now made my "go to" list when I travel to Black Hawk. Not sure why I felt some hesitation when I walked up the stairs to this restaurant, honestly it may have just been hunger. This feeling soon dissipated when I placed my order and was at the salad bar in no time. The service was not the friendliest I've ever had but our group was well taken care of. Never an empty glass or a need that wasn't met right away and our food came out in good time. It wasn't too crowded for a Sat. afternoon, which was nice. Now for the real important stuff, the food. Two words, De-Lish! Everyone was happy with what they ordered. Burgers cooked good and well seasoned, toppings were plentiful. Bacon on the BLT was nice and crisp. We all loved the fries as well. And when they say colossal shrimp platter, they really mean it, I had my fill, shared with the table and still took some to go. To be fair, like I said earlier I did partake in the salad bar so this is why I couldn't finish my plate. At first glance the salad bar doesn't look like anything special, but as I started to fill my plate they had everything I like, plus some. And I have a feeling that when winter hits I will be craving their Bourbon Pumpkin Bisque. Everyone at the table couldn't help but try a spoon or two, after hearing me moan over my first couple of bites. Now that I'm thinking about it I would love a bowl right now. We were all upset we didn't have room for dessert, the items in the case looked so good. The best part, the price was beyond right! It was less expensive then a round of drinks the night before. Plus, on a side note, I put a 5 in a machine downstairs and within a few minutes won the cost of lunch!

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 3 October 2017

In the Gilpin Hotel & Casiino, Lucille Malone's is a slightly up-scale [but not overly such] restaurant offering a wide range of American and some specialty/ethnic plates. Removed from the din of the casino floor, it a place where a quiet, liesurely meal can be had while enjoying conversation without a 'shout-above'the-noise' environment. staff has been attentive without being intrusive and the food is prepared to our satisfaction.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Ate here for a late dinner and had the place to ourselves. Beer and wine are less than $3.00. Hubby had the fish and chips entree and I had a bacon burger with fries. Both were good.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Stmbt97
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

After reading many great reviews of this place, we decided to try it out. While our server was vey clearly busy, we did not feel neglected at all. She was on top of things!

We had the artichoke dip. We had to ask for more chips because they literally habe us only ten. The dip was good.

My husband had the black and bleu burger and I had the turkey on a pretzel roll sandwich. We really liked the food! For sure would go back!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 28 July 2017

This is a little nondescript place above the Gilpin Casino. The decor is the only thing just ordinary. The food and the service is outstanding. I had dinner with some business friends and everyone of us really enjoyed our meals. The service was perfect (ask for Heather). The prices were very reasonable, especially in a Casino town. And to top it off, you can order breakfast all day!

Date of visit: July 2017