1,552 results
All reviews rooftop pool central city free buffet fireside kitchen centennial buffet table games crab legs glass shower ameristar casino hot tub top floor double sinks timberline grill non smoking parking garage slot machines rooms are large
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Second time staying at this hotel. Check in the first time was fast and perfect-- this time I waited in line for over 15 min. the line was almost to the elevator-- very slow the lady at the front desk kept walking back and forth to the back office and never saying anything like" i will right with you etc". poor customer service.
The buffet is pricey for lunch 14.99 and you can tell most of the food has been reheated for days-- especially the desserts-- macaroons so hard it was a joke-- kinda reminded me of dorm food. The ice tea is from a fountain-- come on-- for 14.99 can't one " brew some nice FRESH-- tea"??
Rooms are very clean and nice-- bed is awesome and so are the linens-- the doors shut or should i say " slam" loudly so don't be surprised if it makes you jump a little when everyone is opening and shutting doors.

Be very careful with your players card-- seems like a great idea to sign up for one-- yet I played all day and never received one comp on my card-- not even a few dollars-- when I asked at the players club what was going on-- they seemed very confused but never added a thing-- kinda odd.
I would sty again but I would not eat the buffet at tall.. go somewhere else for fresh food and tea.!

Room tip: stay during the week for cheaper rate
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
bpote, General Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2011

Thanks for the feedback. I am sorry to hear your experience wasn’t what you expected. If you would like to tell me more about your experience, please call me at 720-946-4065

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Front Desk staff was awesome. It was my first time to stay here and was greatly surprised! I met the housekeeping room inspector - Jan - upon arrival at my room with my "significant other" and mentioned it was our first visit to Ameristar. Within 5 minutes, she was knocking on our door with complimentary robes and telling us to vist the 34th floor for the awesome pool and jacuzzis (both indoor and outdoor) and info on the apa and fitness center as well as great advise on the restaurants on the property. We asked about other areas of interest in the area and she was a wealth of information for off-site areas as well. The room we had was very clean and fresh. The bed and linens were exceptional. What a staff you have!

I would highly recommend this hotel to all of my friends!! *****

1  Thank canadianbacon_11
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This is a very nice newer hotel. The basic rooms are large and comfortable. The bathrooms are amazing. Glass shower, tub, two sinks and a seperate toilet area. It is well decorated with flatscreen tv and two chairs and desk. No complaints at all. The Pool is large and indoor. They have an outdoor jacuzzi and lounge chairs around it. Very nice. The workout facility is excellent. State of the art machines, weight machines and free weights.

The only negative: there is nothing to do in Black Hawk but gamble. No shopping, nothing. So, if you want to gamble, stay here and you wont be dissapointed.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

We have stayed at ameristar several times since they opened. The rooms are spacious, clean and well attended. We have had minor issues in the past like the TV not working (didn't care), pillows small and lumpy or some hallway noise. Not sure what the jacuzzi suites are like, but not sure I want a jacuzzi in the same room as my bed. Rooms aren't cheap unless you are getting comped (haven't had that experience). the food at the timberline grill is ok. Whe we eat out at night there as a couple, we go to either Farradays or the White Buffalo, which in our opinion are better fine dining options. But if you can get a free breakfast comped at the timberline, go for it. I can't comment on the buffet.

Date of stay: June 2011
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2011

We just stayed here and were extremely impressed with our room. It was great. Luxurious and clean. We had a room with a great view of Blackhawk and the Rockies. We got a great rate because it was midweek. If you are looking for a little luxury not far from Denver, this is the place. Lobby is very nice as well. The pool is great on the top floor. If you want to swim without kids in the pool, go after 9 p.m. as it is adults only till 11 p.m.. I have to say this was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The room was huge and the bathroom was absolutly beautiful. There is a spa also available.

1  Thank Nance12