“Wide Range of Feelings about Arrowhead- Pinecone 302”

and 1 more site!
Arrowhead Village Condominiums
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We reserved a condo in Arrowhead around Thanksgiving for use at Spring Break, and are still here at the property while I write this review. There are just so many good things about staying on this part of the resort- with the best part being the complete lack of lines at the Arrowbahn lift. All week long, it has been unusual to see more than two people on the little cobblestone paths between the condo clusters while walking out to the lift area. Pinecone happens to be one of the furthest condos from the lift... and 302 is on the top floor- so there was still a lot of lugging and climbing and walking to do. This is neither ski-in nor ski-out folks... not this location at any rate, so be aware of that if that is important to you.
The condo itself is very nice- for the money, probably up in 7 or 8 range of places we've leased, and we've leased anything from studios to houses. I am going to direct my comments towards unit 302 in particular, since these are private homes and I am assured they all have their own character. As mentioned, 302 is located on the top of the building and has three bedrooms, three full baths and a laundry area on the 2nd story landing. The master bedroom has a queen bed and a whirlpool tub ensuite with a dual sink and shower. It is nice, but not the "wow" factor we've experienced elsewhere. Closets in the master consist of a mirrored sliding door with some wire shelving and hanging space and the bed has baskets in the frame that we used for socks and sundries. Dresser is adequate... sun will wake you up- no black out curtains.
The main window of the condo overlooks the open parking lot, but from where I am sitting, you see other roofs and a bit of the mountain and beautiful sky. It is very warm here right now and we have the terrace,patio door open because the unit tends to overheat, even when the thermostat is at the lowest setting. The radiant floor heat is very nice though, and welcome the few times we've walked barefoot. There are seveeral humidifiers in the unit too, for the comfort of those who are accustomed to wetter air.
There is a fireplace in the common area which is automatic (use a wall switch to turn it on)- wood floors throughout and nice durable high-end furnishings... built to take the beating of a rental. I liked that aspect of the place. The kitchen is about as small as any place we have ever rented, and I include on that list even places from our hamburger days. I respectfully suggest that the owners inventory the kitchen and spend a little more on some serving/cooking spoons as well as pots. Knives were plentiful but it was a struggle to find a large spoon... which was made all the more ironic by the fact that the unit has a wine cooler and some other very high end gadgets in the cupboards... with a dearth of serving/cooking utensils.
The table area was adequate for our party of six adults and we enjoyed eating the majority of our meals in the condo. Because we stayed for nearly a week, we were supposed to have housekeeping service midweek which never materialized... and I want to say to Beaver Creek/Arrowhead Management that on the day that housekeeping was supposed to show up, I had taken a day off from skiing to rest and acclimate, and the housekeeping cart stayed outside my door ALL day, with no soul in sight (and I checked quite often just out of curiousity). Some gentleman came to the door and was checking ostensibly to see if HK had shown up, but helped me with the tv instead. The cart remained in its place untouched through the bulk of the ski day which runs from 8:30 to 3pm (lifts open)... at which point people start to come in from the slopes- tired and ready to bathe and eat. HK waited until everyone was passed out here, to offer her services... which we obviously would decline at that point. How can you sevice bathrooms when they are occupied or run a vaccum when people are trying to eat? Why wait all day when most everyone is spending the majority of the day on the slopes? I found her timing very suspect... and a good way to get out of working... JMO. We took some towels she offered, and I had all day to get toilet paper and paper towels off the ever-present cart outside our door. And yes, I am miffed by that- that is definitely a management issue.
Juat a few words on the upstairs bedrooms- one with a queen is very nice... almost a second master, while the other room is long and set up with two twin beds (feminine decor)- both are very servicable and my grown children and their spouses say the bedding was quite good. Sound insulation between the upstairs and downstairs bedroom is very good, which is an issue in some places where adults may be seeking some privacy.
Pinecone is fairly near to the shared pool and hot tub, the latter of which was used by my daughter and her husband. It was hot, not tepid- and that is a good thing in our book. Nice feature. There is covered underground parking here, and ski lockers on the garage level. Our routine was to take the elevator down to the lockers... then take the elevator up to floor 1... then walk out the side door into the outside parking lot... walk down stairs... walk some more...then walk up 2 banks of stairs to get to the cobblestone path... walk some more past the pool... walk past the shuttle area into the real estate/lift ticket/ski rental archway... walk up two banks of stairs to chairs where we put on our skis and caught Arrowbahn. It's about 400 steps from the side door to the lift. I counted.
When you arrive in Beaver Creek you will be checking in at the main office in Beaver Creek proper- and there are rental coupon discounts as well as area magazines and shuttle schedules in a display on the wall. We rented the skis for our party mostly from Charter in Avon because we used a 30% coupon that we got there for that purpose. I was very glad we did that too- because besides being less expensive, the service over there was friendly and phenomenal... as was the case with most of the personell at this resort. In fact, at first I thought this was going to have to rank in my top places of all time for customer service. You are called by name on many of the lifts... greeted with a sincerity genuinely lacking in many resorts nowadays. I had my only truly unfortunate experience with "Ryan" at the Arrowhead ski rental shop- one of the most adeptly snarky young men I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. I asked him his name in particular for this review- so I am assuming that is his correct name. There was another young man in the shop who was perfectly nice and professional- Ryan was not. Those of you who read my reviews know that I do not-as a rule- slam any individual by name. In fact, I try to go out of my way to name good employees when I encounter them... so, his attitude and his sarcastic tone really impressed me in a very bad way. This sort of person needs to be piut in a position where he does not have to deal with the public, if he's going to take out his issues on customers. On the other hand, the women who sold us our lift tickets in the same little area, were above professional and as pleasant as they could be. PLEASE, Beaver Creek- send some secret shoppers out to do some checks on this kind of thing. It has really negatively influenced my desire to rent equipment from the resort... and we are looking at another place for Christmas. Almost everything about the resort was wonderful- this was really an anomaly.

Room Tip: Get out early to get your lift tickets the first day you are there- before they open... you will not...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank anthropomom

Reviewed 12 March 2012

A group of 11 of us, with an additional 3 children (less than 1 year of age) had a very enjoyable time in the Arrowhead area. Even though we didn't have a bus stop in the gorgeous home we stayed in, it was a very short drive to the FREE parking lots. We loved it. The home was VERY spacious and perfect for our families and friends. We'd defininitely do it again. The house was just perfect for us all; we each had our own bathroom. We went into Edwards on Sunday for some shopping too. Close to everything and not as busy as Vail which was nice and peaceful. The home we stayed in was nestled against Eagle river, which was very relazing. We'd definitely like to go back again. The pricing was competitive and we felt we rec'd a great value for the money. The whole group would definitely recommend the Arrowhead area!!

Room Tip: Ask for a house nestled up to the Eagle River, very peaceful
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We recently stayed 5 nights in Arrowhead village at the Pinecone condominiums. The locating in Arrrowehead village was great our condo was well appointed and the pricing was much better in Arrowhead than Bachelors Gulch or Beaver Creek Village. Arrowhead is about 3 miles away from Beaver Creek Village but you have lift access and the lines are non-existent. Our unit was fully furnished with a patio and grill which was useful. We booked through Beaver Creek lodging but you can also book these through VRBO. If you are looking for a place to stay without the expensive Beaver Creek pricing try Arrowhead Village.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I've stayed at Arrowhead 2 different weekends this ski season. It's by far the best place for the value to stay at. Room's are in excellent condition and provide everything needed in a ski trip. Quality runs and a lift just outside one's doorstop. Heated garage for parking. Very close by outside parking lot as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shawn U
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I choose Arrowhead for my family because you can stay on the mountain for far less than staying in Beaver Creek proper. Beaver Creek Mountain consists of 3 mountains (Beaver Creek, Bachelor Gulch and Arrowhead). All the mountains are interconnected via the ski ways. We have stayed in several different buildings at Arrowhead Mountain and they all are somewhat close to the slopes (driving not necessary) but some are easier on the feet than others. All of the condos we have rented have been well appointed, warm and comfortable. We have stayed in the Pinecone Lodge and one of the lettered buildings near the pool and hot tub, however, this last stay was the absolute best! We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo in the Alpine Club building. Our kitchen window looked out onto the breezeway where skiers arrive at the slopes. Our deck looked out onto the Arrowbahn Chairlift. Awesome. Easy to ski back for lunch, snacks or a break. Arrowhead mountain is nice to ski as there is rarely a crowd and the chairlift is line free. All of the units are nicely and comfortably furnished, fireplace, fully equipped kitchen and ski storage. Most will only give you one parking space, but there is an "overflow" lot that is well lit that accommodates more vehicles (used as a ski lot by day, so it will fill up during ski area hours). The 24 hr check in at the base of Beaver Creek is convenient and the Arrowhead office is great as well (we had a snafu one trip with bed count and the Arrowhead office took care of it immediately by getting us into a nicer unit with the right number of beds). You can also take Beaver Creek transportation to the other mountains if you wish to start your ski day on one of the others or if you wish to dine or shop. Warning-the Arrowhead bus stops running at 5:30! Found that out the hard way when we had apre ski at the Ritz Bachelor Gulch. We were stuck with no ride back! If it weren't for our friends that had a home in Bachelor, we would have had to call a cab (they used Bachelor transportation to take them to their car). Overall great area to stay. Don't be discouraged by those who complain about the ski in/out. It is a small village of 10-12 buildings that surround the Arrowbahn Lift onto the mountain. Some condos will be closer and others on the back side of the village. All have access, just some buildings will be a longer walk.

Room Tip: If you are concerned with how far of a walk you will have to the slopes, ask for a condo up front. T...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family