Lowest prices for your stay
Element.com
$213
$219
Priceline
$211
Booking.com$219
Hotels.com$219
Etrip$232
All reviews whole foods front desk liquor store outdoor jacuzzi hot tub within walking distance full size refrigerator hotel breakfast fire pit views of the mountains snow storm complimentary breakfast comfortable beds brewery microwave housekeeping westin
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 July 2022

The front desk staff here is absolutely wonderful! SAGE and CLAIR are front desk SUPERSTARS, and made sure my husband and I felt welcome upon our arrival. They were incredibly helpful, friendly and we loved their enthusiasm. Element Basalt is super clean, bright and open. There is a complimentary breakfast, spotless gym, small office center, pool, and rooms are impeccably clean with large refrigerators, very comfortable beds/pillows, and nice-sized desks for setting up your laptop. Best of all, this hotel is within walking distance of many great restaurants, shops, trails, and even a Whole Foods Market! Hoping to stay at more Element Hotels in the future!!! Highly recommended!

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 10 March 2022

The Element is a pretty basic hotel. They offer all the fundamentals for this type of property. Breakfast, pool, hot tub, and good location. With that said, the location isn't quite Aspen, however Basalt is a nice place in and of itself. We snowboarded at Snowmass during our stay and it's about a 20 min drive from the hotel to the parking lot at Snowmass, any of the Aspen resorts or the town would be about 30 min away.

Near the hotel are some great shops, where you can find anything you might've forgot, plus a Whole Foods, and some good restaurants withing walking distance.

My biggest compliment to the hotel would be there staff. You can tell that they are short on staff but do their best to ensure you don't notice. When we were there the GM was cleaning the pool! Back when I worked in hotels, this was not a site I'd seen. However at the Element they're doing all they can to ensure a pleasant experience for the guest while dealing with staffing issues. Like every other business in Colorado.

My only critique would be that its probably time to update the bedding, and window coverings. But for the price I shouldn't complain to much, any closer to Snowmass or Aspen would be double the price for a similar accommodation or quadruple for something fancy. :)

Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank Shelleeee
Reviewed 8 February 2022

Won't bore you with the details, but Carlos was very helpful with our reservation. We made it to Aspen (finally) after rescheduling amid December snowstorm and flight cancellations. Ashley at the front desk and another staff serving breakfast were so friendly. Ashley gave me some family friendly activities to do near the hotel. Crib and housekeeping requests were promptly attended to.

Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank naomit0504
Reviewed 7 October 2021 via mobile

Our initial quoted rate including taxes came to nearly $500, including a $50 charge (for one night!) for our dog. So, out of the gate I was already on the offense. When you're paying Ritz prices, you expect everything to be top-notch. From the parking lot facing the highway, many of the windows of the hotel's rooms revealed shades askew and uneven - what's with that, it's a relatively new property? Told on checking in that our room faced the highway, I objected that for nearly $500, I didn't want to look out on nor hear the state highway. The young woman who was checking us in obliged, and changed our room to a mountainside-facing room overlooking the outdoor terrace area, and that was fine for us. The room was well appointed if on the small side, with toaster, ceramic cups, real glassware, a small refrigerator, bar sink, etc. Bathroom was roomy and well lit. The design and styling of the room was fresh and contemporary, though scuff marks and scratches on walls and baseboard revealed some early wear. The hotel breakfast was very good, one of the best of a 26-day roadtrip that saw numerous other hotels failing in that regard in the face of Covid-19 pressures. Scrambled eggs and blueberry pancakes were especially good. Staff wore masks but only about 50% of guests seemed to be following suit.

When we awoke, we found that the inner Roman shade of our room's window wouldn't go up - the fixture attaching its chain was unbolted, but the chain was not functional anyway. The outer room-darkening shade was functional, but because the inner one wasn't we couldn't look outside and the natural light was reduced. I let the front desk know of the problem. They promptly sent a housekeeping person to the room, though the individual was non-English speaking and didn't seem to understand that my wife, who was still dressing, didn't want someone in the room. In any case, this repair would have needed a carpenter or mechanic, not a housekeeper.

In all fairness to the property, they reduced our bill by $100, though even at that, $400 seems a lot to pay for a Bonvoy brand that doesn't fully deliver on its sleek, cool, hip, style-conscious promise. I'm a designer, I taught design for years, know design and architecture and art generally, and I presume am the kind of client this chain is trying to attract. I'd be VERY careful about booking at another Element hotel if the luxury prices are as high as this one. Maybe if you're on someone else's expense account you won't care, but this traveler is very keen to match QUALITY with PRICE. For the price, the quality wasn't there at this particular property.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the West side of the hotel, overlooking their outdoor terrace.
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ArtAfficionado
Reviewed 29 September 2021 via mobile

Stayed there for just one night, checkin was some what slow & parking was available due to lack of quests. The room was okay, A/C worked however could not be placed on constant fan. ( which helps with the white noise) the bed was comfy, bathroom was clean as was the room. However i was placed near a room with a dog, that, due to the owners lack of intelligence, let it alone & it was not only barking, but howling. So, a trip to the front desk with a request. Move them or move me. I was met with a doe in the head light look. I repeated my request, with a more firm tone. After a third time explaining and “requesting” i left to try to grab some dinner. Upon return, it was quiet as a church, except for the person above me who seemed to enjoy stomping vs walking. Meaning the walls are thin as are the floors. I passed on breakfast as it was not very appetizing optically. I’ll pass next time.

Date of stay: September 2021