Lowest prices for your stay
$347
$314
Element.com$337
Hotels.com$347
Priceline$334
All reviews whole foods front desk liquor store outdoor jacuzzi hot tub full size refrigerator hotel breakfast within walking distance brew pub breakfast was included fire pit highly recommend this hotel views of the mountains snow storm dishwasher skiing housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2022

Won't bore you with the details, but Carlos was very helpful with our reservation. We made it to Aspen (finally) after rescheduling amid December snowstorm and flight cancellations. Ashley at the front desk and another staff serving breakfast were so friendly. Ashley gave me some family friendly activities to do near the hotel. Crib and housekeeping requests were promptly attended to.

Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank naomit0504
Reviewed 7 October 2021 via mobile

Our initial quoted rate including taxes came to nearly $500, including a $50 charge (for one night!) for our dog. So, out of the gate I was already on the offense. When you're paying Ritz prices, you expect everything to be top-notch. From the parking lot facing the highway, many of the windows of the hotel's rooms revealed shades askew and uneven - what's with that, it's a relatively new property? Told on checking in that our room faced the highway, I objected that for nearly $500, I didn't want to look out on nor hear the state highway. The young woman who was checking us in obliged, and changed our room to a mountainside-facing room overlooking the outdoor terrace area, and that was fine for us. The room was well appointed if on the small side, with toaster, ceramic cups, real glassware, a small refrigerator, bar sink, etc. Bathroom was roomy and well lit. The design and styling of the room was fresh and contemporary, though scuff marks and scratches on walls and baseboard revealed some early wear. The hotel breakfast was very good, one of the best of a 26-day roadtrip that saw numerous other hotels failing in that regard in the face of Covid-19 pressures. Scrambled eggs and blueberry pancakes were especially good. Staff wore masks but only about 50% of guests seemed to be following suit.

When we awoke, we found that the inner Roman shade of our room's window wouldn't go up - the fixture attaching its chain was unbolted, but the chain was not functional anyway. The outer room-darkening shade was functional, but because the inner one wasn't we couldn't look outside and the natural light was reduced. I let the front desk know of the problem. They promptly sent a housekeeping person to the room, though the individual was non-English speaking and didn't seem to understand that my wife, who was still dressing, didn't want someone in the room. In any case, this repair would have needed a carpenter or mechanic, not a housekeeper.

In all fairness to the property, they reduced our bill by $100, though even at that, $400 seems a lot to pay for a Bonvoy brand that doesn't fully deliver on its sleek, cool, hip, style-conscious promise. I'm a designer, I taught design for years, know design and architecture and art generally, and I presume am the kind of client this chain is trying to attract. I'd be VERY careful about booking at another Element hotel if the luxury prices are as high as this one. Maybe if you're on someone else's expense account you won't care, but this traveler is very keen to match QUALITY with PRICE. For the price, the quality wasn't there at this particular property.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the West side of the hotel, overlooking their outdoor terrace.
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2021 via mobile

Stayed there for just one night, checkin was some what slow & parking was available due to lack of quests. The room was okay, A/C worked however could not be placed on constant fan. ( which helps with the white noise) the bed was comfy, bathroom was clean as was the room. However i was placed near a room with a dog, that, due to the owners lack of intelligence, let it alone & it was not only barking, but howling. So, a trip to the front desk with a request. Move them or move me. I was met with a doe in the head light look. I repeated my request, with a more firm tone. After a third time explaining and “requesting” i left to try to grab some dinner. Upon return, it was quiet as a church, except for the person above me who seemed to enjoy stomping vs walking. Meaning the walls are thin as are the floors. I passed on breakfast as it was not very appetizing optically. I’ll pass next time.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2021

An unwelcoming property with a noisy room overlooking the highway- foam earplugs on the nightstand should have been a sign of trouble. Very loud old fridge in the room. Frankly, the exterior looks awesome but the inside, not so much. Green algae in the pool. Location in Basalt is good and nice to walk to restaurants, etc... A decent use of Marriott points but published rates would have made this way too expensive for the value received- is it because it's near Aspen? Breakfast was ok, with some choices. However, I don't understand how hotels can get away with cooking eggs over a hotplate with no ventilation- making the entire breakfast room smoky. I would stay elsewhere if possible.

Room tip: Not facing the highway
Date of stay: June 2021
2  Thank Jon_the_Traveller_CA
Reviewed 15 July 2021

This is one of the BEST hotels to stay near Aspen for many reasons:
+ Location - just a 30mins short drive to Aspen (without staying there as hotels are very expensive) and lots of shops (i.e. Whole Foods) and restaurants nearby in Basalt
+ Hotel - new, modern, clean and spacious rooms, complete with safe, kitchen, basic amenities for a very comfortable stay plus an indoor pool and outdoor jacuzzi and many parking spaces for free.
+ Breakfast - very good breakfast menu and helpful visible staff to accommodate needs
+ Service - excellent services by staff who were warm, hospitable and responsive (i.e. provided towels, packed breakfast for a relative who could not leave the room)

ALMOST PERFECT
- Value - if the price was more affordable (paid $500++ per night) which I expected to be expected near Aspen

Date of stay: July 2021