“Great Food.”
Review of THE FAT GREEK

THE FAT GREEK
Ranked #33 of 101 Restaurants in Yucaipa
Cuisines: Greek
Description: Authentic Greek Food, Mediteranian And American Food prepared fresh everyday farm to table . Family owned friendly staff
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped by on the way home and picked up two gyros with fried zucchini. Really enjoyed the food and the owner was quite pleasant.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank 4wsk

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Found this place four years ago traveling towards Palm Springs, CA. Wanted to come back and did today. Huge mistake.

Placed our order and paid for it. Then.... tick tick tick nothing. 45 minutes later asked for our money back so we could leave as they had served people who came in behind us within ten minutes. I offered to pay for the sodas we drank, I just wanted to get the food money back and go elsewhere at this point. The owner who took our order blamed the kitchen, when in realty she never put the order in.

I was furious, my wife made us stay as the owner kept promising food. Then after another ten minutes, our gyros arrived. What about the fries? Oh they're on their way... another ten minutes. and a single order of fries appeared. But we ordered two? I was told that was two orders of fries. Since a single order is $4 that $8 plate of fries was extremely skimpy.

We stayed and ate, it was ok. The gyro was good and a fair price, but two medium potatoes worth of fries for $8 bucks was a rip off.

What was going on was the owner had friends in there and was chatting them up rather than provide service. I was and still am upset. I wish we'd never came back to this restaurant. because that way it would have been a great place we ate at. Rather than a place that skipped our order and then ripped us off on the food purchased.

Nothing but excuses and blame for the cook in back. If you never give him the order, how is he supposed to know?

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank lggilmore
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

If you're hungry, STOP in and get anything...it's all sooo good! The salad dressing is delicious, and the chicken kabobs were so tender. The owners and servers are always so amazingly gracious and genuinely appreciative to have you there!

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank andieg4
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Oh my...delicious! Nick was my server and made me feel happy to have stopped by. I ordered a traditional Gyro and wow! It was loaded with meat. I couldn't finish my hero but it was so delicious I decided to save it for later. The meat was absolutely delicious very tender and very flavorful. And the tzatziki sauce was one of the best I've had. Next time I'm going to order more sauce it's worth the extra cost. Nick you have a new customer. I will definitely stop by the next time I travel through!

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Hawaiianbee
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Best Gyros around. Food is alway fresh and hot. I go there at least once a week and the food and service is always on point.

Date of visit: February 2017