All reviews bacon room was clean eggs potatoes fresh fruit local hotel quiet at night home fries an older property free breakfast make your own waffles hot breakfast next morning pool and hot tub oatmeal will stay there again great breakfast
Reviewed 26 August 2017

This was our second time staying here, We have found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. The staff is always nice and professional. The breakfast is the best that we have experienced in our travels.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jeannette W, Front Office Manager at Bonanza Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you cfrank09 for staying with us at Bonanza Inn Yuba City. We'd love to host you again. Book direct and save at bonanzainnyubacity.com where you will find our lowest rate and latest availability. Save even more by using promo code: tripadvisor to save an additional $5 per night when you book your reservation.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Nicely updated rooms. But no window looking out to parking area from room. Nice enough pool & jacuzzi but very far from room. Not enough security to keep teens drinking at pool on weekends, or kids from splashing excessively & playing in jacuzzi with dirty clothes on. Breakfast is pretty standard for a hotel/motel: generic scrambled eggs, home fries, greasy bacon, biscuits w/gravy, cereal. No yogurt or fruit like apples or oranges. Friendly, courteous staff.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jeannette W, Front Office Manager at Bonanza Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you MilesToGo14 for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. We will definitely look into having our security staff keep a better eye on the pool. We do appreciate your comments and hope you checkout our Facebook and Twitter pages for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Take care.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We traveled from Washington drove all night and needed our room earlier then allowed. Jeanette at the front desk helped us out and made our stay easier. We were finally able to get sleep. Hotel is average. Older looking building, older rooms, but not terrible. Rooms get cold which is nice with yuba city heat! Breakfast is good and kitchen staff is on top of it! Overall it wasn't a bad experience and I would stay here again if needed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jeannette W, Manager at Bonanza Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you bremneff50 for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that our staff made your feel at home. This is really one of the things that we try to maintain in our hotel. Hoping to see you again soon.
Thanks for staying with us at Bonanza Inn Yuba City. We'd love to host you again. Book direct and save at bonanzainnyubacity.com where you will find our lowest rate and latest availability. Save even more by using promo code: tripadvisor to save an additional $5 per night when you make your reservation. Also, please ask our front desk attendant how you can receive a $50.00 Amazon gift card when you book directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I had to stay in Yuba City for 1 day to visit relatives. So the accommodations didn't have to be top notch. Magnuson definitely fit the bill.

Magnuson is really a motel, not a hotel. All the rooms are outside facing, accessible by catwalks. Most of the rooms are in several 2-story buildings... My room was in a 3 story wing in the back.

We arrived about 10:30 pm on a weeknight. Apparently, they close the lobby at night and they use a small vestibule (about 6x6) instead. There were about 6 people ahead of us, so we had to stand outside in the driveway (no sidewalk) for about 30 minutes while the lone attendant checked in the people one by one.

Once we able to finally check in, we were told our room is in the back. Of course we didn't know we had to out into the street about a block away to get the back buildings. No map or directions were given. Eventually, we found the room and had to carry our bags up 3 flights of stairs (no elevator). Parking was plentiful though,

The room is standard size for a double queen. It is a bit outdated. No USB ports, few wall plugs, tiny travel clock, etc. The room was clean however and the beds were fairly comfortable. I've had worse.

The amenities included a decently stocked bathroom, 32" LCD TV, mini-fridge, microwave, small desk... The normal stuff.

The bathroom has sink, toilet and "shower / tub" in it. There is another sink just outside the bathroom which is convenient for a family like mine with females.

The decor is fairly outdated, but I am not much for design, so it didn't bother me much.

Being in the back, it was quiet. The AC unit was loud, but it kept the room cool and once we got used to the sound, it was fine.

In the morning, I awoke to discover the show wasn't working. Not a drop of water. I walked to the lobby, which thankfully was now open and explained my problem. With my family (all girls) still asleep, I didn't want a maintenance man to come to my room working on the shower. They refused to let me use another room (though many were available) to take a shower. So I guess I am going dirty today.

The breakfast is served in a restaurant... Which is good and bad. I get up much earlier than the rest of my family and all I usually want is a decent cup of coffee. I didn't want to have to sit in a restaurant to get one. The lobby had no coffee or snacks either. So I guess I'll be dirty and sleepy too.

Overall, this was not a very good experience and I would never stay here again unless I absolutely had to.

The only good thing I found is that the wi fi is fairly strong.

My advice.... Stay away,

Room Tip: Stay away. If you must stay here, get a room close to lobby if you don't want a long walk.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jeannette W, Front Office Manager at Bonanza Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Butchboy. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. Iam very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. Please email us with a phone number or email address so our Hotel Manager can discuss your issues personally.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

It deeply saddens me to write this review. Everything was great until checkout.

When attempting to checkout I tried to use the 10% off promotion as currently advertised in the Yelp app. The young front desk clerk said he wasn't familiar and can't do that. I asked him to speak to his manager, Jeanette, who he did by phone who said no way. He hung up and I asked if I could talk to her. She told him she would not talk to me and he hung up again. How extremely unprofessional. I asked the clerk if I could talk to her manager and he said no. I really wanted to resolve this before I had to leave a negative review, but no options. I asked the young male clerk not to bill me yet until I resolve this but he argued I already checked out and I said I didn't get my bill yet.

I tried to call Magnuson but they said each business is independently owned and they only assist with reservations. I tried to call Yelp ads and they said they'll note to the account manager for this business but they can't make the business honor the discount and encouraged me to review my experience.

I may try my credit card, too.

Outside of this, I had a great experience. Michael was wonderful at check in. The updated room was lovely. I loved the big fridge and the free water. The breakfast was similar to Hampton Inn and served in a diner type setting.

The bathroom could use some fixes as the tub and toilet seat had chips, and maybe a few more towels, also it would be nice if they recycle on site, but they offered two different soaps, shampoo, conditioner and lotion with a note they'd provide more upon request.

So unfortunately, I hate to give such a low rating but the unprofessional attitude of Jeanette and the false Yelp advertising should be well noted.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Jeannette W, Front Office Manager at Bonanza Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you jenssey for your review. I am very happy that the staff was welcoming and accommodating and that you enjoyed our accommodations. However, I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with not getting an extra 10% discount at checkout. This has been communicated to the concerned staff and we will clarify the terms in which this discount applies. I understand you were at a discounted rate upon check in. Therefore, we were not able to honor another discount at checkout. We most definitely will clarify these terms on our Yelp page. Please know you did receive our lowest rate and it was far better than the 10% discount would have been. I apologize for this bad experience. This is very disappointing to hear, but we hope you give us another chance to make it up to you. Please let me know if you want to discuss this personally. Take care.