All reviews taco bell waffles sausage fast food restaurants no lift the upper floors long hour drive huge portions great night sleep parking lot stay there again quiet area quick stop nice pool front desk clerk first floor road trip
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I usually don't write reviews, but my experience was SO BAD with this hotel simply attempting to check in (and ultimately choosing NOT to do so), this warrants a review to warn off other travelers from this hotel.

I booked a 2-bed room for my family of 5 at this hotel, just as I always do when traveling with my family. When I tried to check in, they refused to let me check into the room because there were 5 people: myself, my wife, and 3 kids. In fact, they told me I had booked a two-PERSON only room, even though I had specifically booked a 2-BED room.

Brief aside #1: in all the hotels I have ever stayed at with my family, I have never been denied being able to stay in a 2-bed room because of a fifth family member. We are used to the fifth person sleeping on the floor, which is no big deal, but this hotel refused to even let us check in ... mind you, this is at 9pm at night after traveling all day.

I was perfectly fine to pay an extra fee for a fifth person in the room, but the hotel was unwilling to accomodate us. I asked if I could upgrade to a suite, which they said I could do, but I would have to pay a) the difference in the price between what was being given to them by Expedia (after Expedia's cut) and the suite price, and b) the price for a rollaway bed.

Brief aside #2: the way Expedia and all other online travel agencies (OTA) work is that if the OTA sells a room on behalf of a hotel, the OTA takes a percentage of the transaction. For example, if a hotel room is $100 for a night, the OTA might take $20 and the hotel would get $80.

So in this case, the hotel manager wanted to charge me the "suite" price minus the 2-bed room amount being given to the hotel by Expedia (an amount I had no way to verify). In other words, he was trying to recoup losing the percentage transaction fee charged by Expedia and make me pay this fee a second time in addition to paying the difference to get a "suite". This is dishonest and quite possibly illegal (to make someone pay the same fee twice).

Also, I put "suite" in quotes because apparently the "suite" was also a 2-bed room and required purchasing a rollaway bed lol. I was not given an option to not pay this rollaway bed fee. At first he told the lady to tell me the fee was $15, then he told me himself the fee was $13, and then I showed him on their website that the fee was $10 ... but he would not back down from the $13 fee.

On top of all this, the lady at the front desk was extremely rude to us the entire time we were present. She refused to let my wife use the bathroom, so my wife had to walk out of the hotel to a nearby gas station. While the man was more pleasant, he was dishonest, which was the reason I told him we would not be willing to stay at the hotel.

I would highly recommend avoiding the rude and dishonest ways of this hotel and find yourself a different hotel in Yreka.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Yreka, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. Please allow me to offer my most sincere apologies that your experience was so poor. We pride ourselves on our exemplary customer service so I am terribly sorry that we let you down on this occasion. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back at some stage in the future and restore your faith in our service. Best wishes, Hotel Management.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

It was a quick stop as we were driving back from California to Vancouver, Canada. The room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was good and the staff were very friendly. One issue: they don't have an elevator and they gave us a room on the 3rd floor and that was not pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Yreka, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Hi Shatha, We are pleased that our hotel suited your needs for your short stay in this area, and we hope that we will be your hotel of choice here for any future stays you may have here. Thank you for your kind feedback. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 12 September 2017

stayed here coming back from Oregon. We was told we where the only guest beside the fire department. Was asked to come to breakfast after 8:00 because of the fire department comes first. I went to breakfast a little after 8:00 and every thing was put up. Lucky the waffle makers was still hot so I could at least get that. Had no tea. Had to ask the front desk for that. I asked the front desk what time the break end and again I told that we were the only guest beside the fire department.
Was put in a room upstairs with only stairs. I had a broken wrist so it was hard for me to take my suit case upstairs. Lucky I had my husband with me. Of course he made three trip up and down the stairs.

Room Tip: stay on the bottom floor
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle M
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Yreka, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Hi Michelle, We apologize profusely for not looking after you better during your stay with us, we are very disappointed that we did not give you the pleasant, enjoyable stay that the cast majority of our guests have. We should, of course, have had breakfast available for you, after asking you to come after 8am, and we are very sorry that we were so focussed on our other guests to your detriment. Please be assured that any future stay that you have with us will be much more enjoyable and we will be much more attentive to you. Thank you very much for making us your home in Yreka, we hope to have another opportunity to impress you in the future. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Went to check in, no rest room in the lobby area. We were checked in quickly and found out they had no elevators (I should have read the detail) but they put us on the 3rd (top) floor. My husband has a hard time with stairs, she said it was the only room they had. The stairs are cement and dirty, the railing was loose and unsafe.There was an exit door near the bottom of the stairs that did not appear to lock. I would not have felt safe if I was here by myself. Our room was musty, there was no hair dryer, it had been taken down off the wall. Did not stay for breakfast. The bed was comfortable the location easy on and off the freeway but would not stay there again.

Room Tip: No Elevators! Back of the hotel is Interstate 5 so a little noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Yreka, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

We are disappointed to hear that you had so many housekeeping and maintenance issues during your stay. We will discuss your feedback with our entire team, to ensure that we take all appropriate action to ensure that these issues are resolved for future guests. We appreciate your review, and we hope to have another opportunity to impress you on a future occasion. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Comfort Inn was very accommodating when I went up to see my fiance. It was a last minute trip and I couldn't find anyone to watch the dog. Turns out they were pet friendly! Very nice people. I would definitely go back again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Yreka, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

What a lovely review Michele, thank you! We are pleased to have provided you and your dog with a great place to stay when you came to visit your fiance, and we hope that you will visit again soon! Best wishes, Hotel Management