Mountain View Inn
US$ 69
US$ 64
US$ 58
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Yreka(Yreka)(Great Value!)
US$ 53
US$ 148
US$ 145
Priceline
US$ 55
All reviewscoffee potafter reading the reviewsheading northcheap placesleepfurnitureamenitiescalifornia
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My room was a bit dated, but it was clean, the A/C worked fine, there's a micro and a fridge, free Wi-Fi and pet are accepted (the fee is only $6), they only ask that you don't let them sleep on the bed. It's quiet and has a lot more charm than a Motel 6. Across the street there's a Liquer Barn, a great mexican place called Puerto Vallarta and also a grocery store. I would recommed this motel for the budget traveler and those with pets.

Room Tip: I booked on Priceline and the rate was $43 per night.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank JaneDough76
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I was at the Mountain View Inn the weekend of 7/24/2011. This is what I liked about it: clean, very quiet, room smelled nice, wireless internet, fridge & microwave, good air conditioning (it was HOT outside), grocery store & restaurants across the street, and very nice staff. Oh and I really like the way the bed was made up, with 3 clean sheets: 1 on the mattress,1 under and 1 over the blanket (plus a bedspread). I know hotels wash the sheets but not necessarly the blankets & bedspreads for each new guest, so you can just take off the bedspread and sit on a fresh clean top sheet if you want to sit on the bed when getting dressed, etc. The furnishings are plain and old but the price is right! I was traveling solo and enjoyed a nice, quiet, restful evening at the Mountain View Inn.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank tessaUSA
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We loved the $49 Price Tag
We loved the clean, simple room
We loved the ease of check in/check out
We loved the people
We loved the big parking lot

We didn't love the air conditioner that smelled like someone had urinated on it.
The stale pee smell permeated the room, making it smell just awful.

No, we didn't say anything, and we should have. But, it was late and a holiday weekend.
And the room was $49.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Bridget63
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Okay, didn't expect a lot for 45.00 bucks a night but after reading the reviews I was expecting a dated but comfortable place to stay. No way!! The bed was like sleeping on concrete, the shower curtain had mold on it and the sheets looked so worn and old you could see through them. Very dated motel and it could use some paint and a little upgrading. I stayed here based on the reviews and this is the first time I was disappointed in the choice of accomodations. Pay a little extra and stay somewhere else...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelbysue
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We stayed at the Mountain View Inn on our way down and our way back from Las Vegas. Both times, it was fantastic.

The price is fantastic. (There is a Triple AAA discount on top of that). Our room was spacious and very clean. The furniture was a bit dated - but who cares for this price! (If you love the pink bathrooms from the 1960's & 1970's, this place is for you.) The bedding was rather new and stylish. The beds themselves were in good shape and we got a good's night sleep.

The rooms do have a small fridge and microwave. We were too tired to mess with the television. There is wireless internet as well that has a strong connection.

I loved that we could park right in front of our door and quickly load/unload our stuff in the morning.

The property is also very quiet.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple