“Best dinner in Yountville”
Review of Bistro Jeanty

Bistro Jeanty
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Jeanty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$ 33 - US$ 80
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mulberry
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by three locals and they did right by us. What a delight! Service was excellent and the meals... wow. The sole was so good, we wanted to go back this morning. The bearnaise sauce is they should bottle and sell! And the best tomato soup!!!!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

My wife took me to Bistro Jeanty for Father's Day. We visit Napa Valley at least two times per year and make sure that we eat at Bistro Jeanty at least once (usually twice) per visit. We have always had great service and excellent food until this visit. My Wife had the Onion Soup and I had the Tomato, both were very good as usual. After the dishes were collected by the bus boy it was more than 45 minutes before our entrees were brought to our table. During that time no waiter, server, or bus boy came by our table. When the server brought our entrees to our table he told me to "be careful, very hot plate". I cut one bite of my Veal Chop and it was cold, the plate was room temperature and clearly been sitting for a long time. My Wife's Daube de Boeuf was hot but very bland. After sitting there for another 15 minutes we literally tapped a bus boy clearing dishes from another table on the shoulder and asked him to send a waitress working tables near ours over to our table (no one came by to check to see if our entrees were OK). She told our waiter, who had not been to our table in at least an hour, he stopped and visited two other tables before coming to ours and asked, "is there a problem?" I first said to him "it took an inordinate amount of time for us to receive our entrees". He said, "I know and I even checked on them twice". I stated that my "Veal Chop was cold". The waiter apologized and asked if I wanted him to have "them heat it up". I said "no, just bring the check". The waiter came back a few minutes later and asked if I would "like a new Veal Chop, it will only take a couple of minutes". I found this insulting, that now he can get a rush on my entree after more than an hour. I understand that even at really good restaurants stuff sometimes happens. But to not have someone come by our table and let us know what was happening and maybe offer some more bread, to be ignored is inexcusable. It was Father's Day but Bistro Jeanty is always busy. We have recommended Bistro Jeanty to a number of friends. I now feel that I cannot recommend Bistro Jeanty and I think that this restaurant is no longer a must when we visit Napa Valley.

4  Thank martyaxelson
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Boeuf Bourguignon. Ok, this is a fancy name for beef short ribs. However, the beef was very tender and flavorful. Loved it! Enjoyed it! My wife said her Coq au Vin, a fancy name for a chicken dish with thick sauce and other ingredients, served in a deep metal dish, was “ok.” I ordered mine with a side of delicious buttered noodles, so good! My wife ordered a side dish of French Fries, they are Napa Valley quality!

I felt I got good service from Johnny, our waiter, however my wife said she felt she was rushed to order her meal. The bread was freshly baked and buttery delicious. Napa Valley is a 2-hour drive from our home and we go there at least once a year, I would like to go back to Bistro Jeanty.

I’m a simple guy who loves to eat simple meals, but an occasional fancy meal, in a fancy restaurant, in the world famous Napa Valley, yes please!

1  Thank 317elwynm
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We had an early dinner on weekday. Made a reservation weeks ahead, which helped. The staff provides great service, is accommodating and offers nice tips on wine pairing, what to eat, etc. The Ratatouille is amazing, the steak tartar perfectly done. The trout appetizer was a great opener and dessert was very good. Great ambiance and overall excellent experience.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We went to Yountville and tried a number of restaurants all very very good but this one definitely beat the rest!!! Highly recommended if you like French or Mediterranean cuisines.