“Great lunch”

Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 45
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located at Bardessono in Yountville, Napa Valley. We offer fresh, innovative garden-inspired cuisine that embodies the Bardessono modern aesthetic and eco-spirit. Executive Chef Victor Scargle and our team, offer fresh, innovative garden-inspired cuisine that embodies the bardessono modern aesthetic and eco-spirit. Executive Chef Victor Scargle We use sustainable, organic and biodynamic products whenever possible.
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We grabbed a reservation at Lucy at the last minute not realizing it was in a hotel (which looks amazing). Lunch was very good and reasonably priced for the surrounding. I'm sorry to both the hotel and restaurant to mention the most memorable part of the meal was going to the bathroom and "experiencing" the toilets. You will all just have to trust me on this :)

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Lucy's Mixology bartender was amazing I had a Cucumber Cooler which was a twist on the Mojito or a Moscow mule. It was spectacular and I'm picky when it comes to drinks.

My husband ordered a Smoking something and it was amazing.

We ordered appetizers since it was an hour before our dinner reservations.

The Onion Rings with 3 sauces was out of this world.

The Calamari was okay or average.

I'm expecting great things for dinner being that our experience was already so great:)

Kamarco R, Director of Food and Beverage at Lucy Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Shannon,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us! We are grateful you chose to share your special day with us here at Lucy and we look forward to your return!

Kamarco Rodney

Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I joined our gardening group once again for our monthly lunch; this time at Lucy. I was looking also for a good reason to drive up valley from Napa. Besides it was a beautiful day and great weather for walking around.

Lucy is located inside the Bardessono Hotel, just off the main street and behind Hurley's restaurant. You could park at the property or have it valeted. However, being a local, I chose to park in the much larger parking lot next to Vintage 1870. It's a quick walk and if you want to "dawdle" around before or after dining, this is a good option to try.

As for lunch, I ordered the baby beet salad for appetizer and their Mary's grilled chicken sandwich as the entree (see photos). In retrospect, I could have just ordered the beet salad. Speaking of which, they grown the beets on property in their organic garden (nice feature) and the presentation was very creative (again see photo). Besides, they were delicious.

Mary's grilled chicken sandwich was fine. It was nothing overly special but the sourdough bun was perfect; not too hard, not too soft, and held up well.

Our group was small and our server was very accommodating and efficient (Tiffany). If you are with a group, you can order separate checks (I know it's a drag for the server). Tiffany was helpful in that respect, but when we were finished, she mentioned that the total bill would be divided equally on our checks. That sort of defeats the purposed if you just want to pay for your own items. On the other hand, it does make it easier to calculate and pay (if everyone in your group is ok with that). Just be aware that apparently this is their policy on this. My equal payment was just over $30.00 (including gratuity for groups). So, it was not that pricey for lunch.

This day was very quiet in the restaurant. I think there was only one other table occupied during our visit. So, either it's one of the best kept secrets or it's not that popular for lunch. I choose to think it's the former.

If you are looking for a nice, quiet and attractive place to have lunch while spending the day up valley and/or in Yountville, this is the place.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

First off, they only offer the brunch menu on the weekend; that was a surprise since I knew what I wanted from their lunch menu which I looked at before I booked. Nevertheless, there were plenty of choices, even for this celiac. I had a vegetarian version of the lobster risotto since I am allergic to shellfish and the others in my party shared the pulled pork, with sides of bacon and fries.

Melissa had a huge party in back, but still managed to show up at our table when we needed her. When the fries arrived I asked if they were gluten free and Melissa checked with the kitchen (thank you!!!). They were not since they used a shared fryer but she said that the chef could whip some up for me.

I declined since I didn't want to waste the ones on the table and couldn't eat a whole plate by myself. It seems to me that since I mentioned that I was celiac and needed a gluten free meal, the chef could have been proactive and made GF fries. Maybe next time!

One more thing, they have 2 handicapped spots but one was blocked with some equipment. Oh well...

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We had breakfast at Lucy on our way out of town. We let the waitress know ahead of time that we were in a hurry. The food was great, just the service was very slow. It took forever to get our bill and pay.