“Good Burger”
Review of Platform 8

Platform 8
Ranked #24 of 32 Restaurants in Yountville
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

OK they are new but have the burger well in hand.
Just decide, order and wait a few minutes.
The Impossible, vegi burger tasted fine but a little dry and normal burger was great. Fries are extra and very good.
Nice deck area and fine service.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Great Burgers, the bacon was to die for. Sevice was excellent, you can have homemade Ice cream after you finish the delicious Burgers & Fries. This is just what Napa Valley needed.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

for a great burger in a relaxing atmosphere. friendly staff. enjoy the classic rock music on the deck. pair with the delicious fries and the california sun.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

My wife and I dined for lunch at Platform 8 on Saturday, February 24th. NOT IMPRESSED! Right off the bat let me say that we mourn the loss of Pacific Blues, the building’s prior long-time tenant.

I ordered The Classic burger, and my wife order MC’s Irresistible Crispy Chicken Burger. We split an order of P8 Fries.

The Classic was OK…not great…not meh…just OK. My one significant issue…the “not so” English muffin was too toasted. It was close to rock hard on the outside. I ended up using a knife and fork to eat it and at that it was still too crunchy.

I was told the MC’s Irresistible Crispy Chicken Burger was good…just the right amount of crispy on the chicken. But, the “not so” English muffin was again too hard. Another shout out for the knife and fork saving the day.

The fries…”thrice” fried…were fine. Again, not great…but OK.

Napkins were blue paper shop towels dispensed from a large box of blue paper shop towels that one would find at Home Depot or Pep Boys! Not classy. And certainly not befitting setting.

Ordering is from a bar outside, even if you’re dining inside. Easy. But what is the plan when it rains…there not much of a roof overhang above the counter to protect patrons.

We initially sat inside, but had to move to the outdoor patio because WE HAD TO SHOUT over the music. WAY TOO LOUD.

The patio is in the same location as when Pacific Blues was there. There are patio heaters (which were necessary the day we were there), and music at a much more comfortable volume.

Prices over all were mixed. The food prices are fine. The wine prices seem a tad high. But OMG…why is a glass of Diet Coke $4.00, when at the owner’s Ottimo located within the same V Marketplace its $2.50? Why is a Mexican Coke $4.50 when again it’s only $2.50 at Ottimo? And why is there no iced tea on the menu?

Tipping before getting the food or having it delivered to your table? Really?

As we dined we were approached three times by staff asking if we were done and if they could clear some of our things. We get the idea of turning tables…but there were only two other parties on an otherwise empty patio!

Our conclusion…we won’t be back. If we’re after burgers we’ll go to The Squeeze Inn in Napa…or Habit Burger…or Gott’s. And if it’s grilled chicken sandwiches we seek…Norman Rose in downtown Napa!

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Lumited menu of burgers and ice cream. My husband had the cheeseburger which he said was dry and flavorless with a bun that was way too small. Everything promply fell apart.I had the vegetarian burger which is strangely described on the menu as having "extraordinary 'beefy' flavor". I explained to the hostess that it wasn't a very logical adjective for vegetarians...we don't eat beef! Unappetizing as it was I ordered it and found the patty had no flavor and was grateful for the available sauces.We decided the visit was a waste of money but decided to try the frozen nitrogen ice cream. Big mistake. We order a scoop of blackleberry and a scoop of chocolate and waited 20 minutes only to be presented with thin milkshakes which were taken away without apologies. Waited 15 more minutes for our scoops. The blackleberry arrived in an unappetizing glob but we were told they ran out of chocolate. What?? Since we paid in advance we were refunded for the ice cream but no apologies for the wait or for the fact that we weren't told they were out of chocolate before waiting 35 minutes. Will not be back.