Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$111
Priceline$111
Hotels.com$111
Travelocity$111
Agoda.com$111
Orbitz.com$111
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Very clean and neat big room - stayed at Lakeshore Lodge. Good parking, #38 has small kitchen with the micro, coffee maker, toaster in kitchenet with sliding doors to porch. Comfortable beds, walk-in shower with glass doors (no more small bathroom).
Wireless works well but Dish TV did not have anything we wanted to watch. Mike was very friendly on phone and in person. Only draw back -- miss waffle breakfast - smile.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2017

I had business to take care of in the Weldon and Lake Isabella area. For the last few years we would usually stay at a friend’s mobile home in Bodfish. But due to the recent fires they had allow a family that got burned out to use it until they get back on their feet.

In looking for an alternative place to stay I came across the Barewood Inn & Suites. I was looking for a place with good reviews and this seem to be one of the top rated in Lake Isabella area. The location in Wofford Heights allowed me to get around the lake within a reasonable distance of where I had to go. The price was very reasonable for the area.

We got in a little late on the day before New Year’s. The front office was locked with a phone stationed outside the door. Upon calling the manager who appeared to be living in a residence behind the Inn promptly came up and checked us in. We stayed in room 1 and were very pleased with the accommodations.
The room was spacious and clean with a small table and two chairs in the corner of the bedroom area. A small adjacent space next to the bedroom had a sink, refrigerator, and microwave. The sink doubled as a bathroom sink and as a little kitchenette sink. It was pleasant touch to have water provided in the refrigerator at no extra charge. The bathroom was clean and of good size with the only drawback being the control for the hot water was difficult to adjust satisfactory.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back at the Barewood Inn & Suites whenever the need to come back arises.

Room tip: Cheryl's dinner in Kernville is a great place to eat, about 10mins down the highway
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Garret B
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Clean, quiet, comfortable. Well maintained, including motel grounds. Mine was a last minute reservation on my way home from Death Valley. "Privately owned" sometimes gives a better experience. No breakfast included, which is a negative for me. The coffee provided was lousy. It barely passed as "coffee". Other than that everything was great, thank you!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Cali4niahiker
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

After being sent down to fight the cedar fire we where able to book a room here. The price worth it. Clean rooms really nice bathroom mini fridge an coffee pot. If for some reason you need to park your semi there there's a stretch across the road. They have a few locations with rooms. Ours was the lakeshore motel. Friendly staff a big plus.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Like a time warp.
All was very chintzy, very clean but very 1950's.
I had realised this from looking at the photos on their web site.
It's not to my taste but if it is you'll love it. If it isn't it is still a excellent drop off spot to spend a night or two.
Wash Bain is in the small kitchen area not in the bath room ( and no the bath wasn't avacado in colour!)
Nearest breakfast 4 miles away in Kernville. Excellent places there for food so no problem as long as you don't mind driving. Cheapest place by far I'm using on this 7 week trip and it is excellent. Value for money.

Room tip: As I've said it is in th 50's. People were smaller then. If you are around 6 ft I'd make sure you were in a double or king bed room
Date of stay: July 2016