“Don't stay here”

Hotel 39 Westminster
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed 11 April 2015

Ok so the price was fine and last year we stayed down the street in a nicer hotel So we figured the area was fine. Nope, right behind a liquor Store, pawnshop and "Beach Girls"

But fine, whatever . Then the elevator was broken. we stayed on the 4th floor. But again, it was fine. Coming back at night we were constantly approached by people in the parking lot. Prostitutes were actually outside.

The room was musky, my mother and kids all came down with a cough. I was worried when I Saw a moldy door in their dumpster.
the rooms were old but still, that was ok, until I saw they were trying to debit a 40.00 deposit from me saying I broke a chair. When I called and asked they said they had photos. But that you wouldn't be able to see it because its on the inside.
Im not one to complain I Know you get what you pay for, I wasn't expecting anything Great but this is the worst hotel experience I ever had. I've stayed in a lot of places like gmall and older to really nice. This place was trying to get money anyway they could

Room Tip: The Palms Gardens In n Down the street.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
super8westminster, Webmaster at Hotel 39 Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Hotel Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel 39 Westminster

Reviewed 7 April 2015

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Treva S

Reviewed 24 March 2015

I had a wonderful time here. The room was nice, clean and spacious. I loved the appointments. Staff were unfailingly courteous and helpful. Best of all, it was affordable and centrally located. Cannot wait to stay at the Wyndham on Nob Hill sometime in my lifetime!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2015

At this time they are having safety work done on their elevator, but they continue to help and work around it and make my stay still enjoyable,

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2015

My bf & I stayed there following a surgery I had at St. Joseph's Hospital in Orange. I was in pain; the innkeeper kindly allowed us to check in early w/ my prescribed service dog. The bed was comfy, it was quiet & we enjoyed a much needed good night's sleep. There was a flat screen TV mounted to the wall that worked great, a frig & microwave, & the A/C worked well, too. The continental breakfast was convenient & sufficient for us. We had raisin bran w/ milk, yogurt, OJ, coffee, & single-packaged raisin danishes which tasted best warmed up in the microwave. The innkeeper also double-checked our google map directions & offered an add'l tip which cut off even more time on our return drive. The built in seat in the shower deflected water onto the entire bathroom floor, which was an unfortunate design flaw: This flooded the floor of the bathroom & created an undesirable fall risk after surgery. My bf mopped the mess up w/ towels which were dirty from floors which hadn't been cleaned. A small loveseat could've been a bonus if it was clean. All in all, however, the place was a really good, quiet place for me to recover following surgery. I'm also grateful to the kind & helpful innkeeper & staff for the early check in & extra 1/2 hr. to check out: Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
1.1 km away
Best Western Palm Garden Inn
#2 of 10 in Westminster
2.7 km away
Quality Inn & Suites Huntington Beach
Quality Inn & Suites Huntington ...
#16 of 21 in Huntington Beach
4.9 km away
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach
Extended Stay America - Orange C...
#13 of 21 in Huntington Beach
4.6 km away
Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
2.8 km away
Days Inn & Suites Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach

Been to Hotel 39 Westminster? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK