On arrival we were quite happy that after a 14 hour flight from Australia we were allowed to check in at 10am. We had a beautiful room overlooking the pool. The bed was extremley comfortable and the wardrobe had plenty or space for hanging our clothes.
Our room was very quiet and we never had any disruption to our sleeping at night.
The location is good and surrounded by diners and restaurants. The house of blues is less then half a block away and the Sadel Ranch across the road is a great place to get some dinner.
There is also a taxi stand right out the front of the hotel, which is very convienant because locations such as The Chinese Theatre and Walk of Fame are just out of walking distance.
There is a rental car place just across the street and we found it better to hire a car for 2 days (on of which to drive up to Disneyand) then pay for taxi's of shuttles. The car was only around 75 a day so we saved a lot of money as a taxi ride to Disneyland is 105 each direction anyways. The second day we drove to Santa Monica and Venice Beach as as these locations are slightly futher it was more convienent to have our own ride. The hotel does charge 18.00 a night for parking.
The breakfast was amazing. Nothing hot but a great selection of bakery goods including bagels, waffels, crossaints, toast and donuts. There was also juice, cerals and many more items. We ate here every morning before we went off on out day.
Overall we had a great stay here and would recomemed it to anyone. My only note is that the front desk could have been more enthusiastic. The were never rude or unfriendly but alot seemed like they would rather not be there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Mediterranean inspired hotel centrally located between Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Just minutes from famous beaches, Universal Studios and Walk of Fame. Daily sightseeing tours are available from the hotel lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western West Hollywood
- West Hollywood Best Western
- Best Western Sunset Plaza Hotel