Holloway Motel
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$ 330
US$ 220
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$ 311
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$ 311
US$ 299
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Marquis(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$ 480
Hotels.com
US$ 462
US$ 450
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
US$ 470
US$ 456
  • Pool
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$ 298
US$ 231
  • Restaurant
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$ 243
  • Restaurant
Palihouse West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$ 387
Chateau Marmont(West Hollywood)
US$ 781
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I have stayed at the Holloway three times, and I have never had a problem with the hotel staff. Maybe a little "folksy", but never mean. I don't know what all the negative reviews are about, as I had a good experience each time. The price is great and the room is always clean and comfortable, and I appreciate the free parking, just get back soon enough because the lot does fill up. Within walking distance to the Weho bars, and the IHOP next door is great for a hearty breakfast the next morning. Room Tip: If you have a hot date, try not to make too much noise in the room, or the one next door might hear, as it's an older building, uh-oh! But reminds me of the Old Hollywood (it is well maintained). And don't forget to have fun!

Room Tip: Manager knows the rooms, and each one is different, so ask about the room description.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Larry P
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I stayed at this motel in 2008 and was prepared to overlook the managers rudeness because it seemed to be good value.

This week I suggested that a friend should stay here as it is within easy access of the bars and clubs. Whilst checking in the manager asked if my friend was parking a car to which she replied no. I said that I was driving her and had parked my car here, but he did not here. When my friend was taking her case to her room I asked if he needed the car registration or should I just leave it where it was...

The manager went off saying that I was telling him I would park there and not asking, swearing at me, insulting me, saying 'you are nothing in this town' etc so on and so forth.

I told the manager that I had stayed here and referred my friend and that he could be more polite, but he said that he didn't my referrals, didn't want my business and to go and get my friend for a refund because she was would be thrown out and banned.

Trying to appease the situation I told the manager that my problem was with me and not my friend, but he was resolute. So had to endure the embarrassing task of telling my friend I had had her thrown out and banned from a hotel in the first time in her life.

I would love to say that he will lose business, but he is in a great location and he knows it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank faran_c
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I made a reservation for one room at this motel for one night.I got there that night and the office was close.I left the motel and i rent one room to an other hotel close to this one .When i receve my credit card statment i realize that i was charged $91 from Halloway motel for that night.When i called to talk to the manager to tell him that i did not stay at his place but i was charged for that night this guy asked me to call him back for him to verify .I called him back after one week and he started to yell at me, call me liar and when a told him that i am going to make a complain he threatening me saying that he is coming to my home town and KILL ME,that he knows my phone nr.and my address, he call me all kind of ,,names,, and he used all kind of realy bad language i can "t even can tell you what was coming from his mouth .Believe this guy is a freak,very dangeros crazy and he should not be in this business.Please stay away from this place .My big mistake it was that i did not read the bad reviews before i call to make that reservation.I am happy that i did not stay there ,PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THAT PLACE IT IS SCARY ......

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank ciprian s
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Stay here only if you want to be treated like a complete hassle, not a customer. After being called an "ignorant moron" by the manager after having to call her out on her SECOND over billing, we were hung up on. Who is in charge over there, I'm not sure anyone knows. I can just say this... This is the worst motel I've ever experienced. Talk about everyday being a bad day in that house of gloom! I thought this was Hollywood! You'd be better served to stab yourself continuously in the eye, less painful.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank rachdean76
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I stayed here while they were working on my place and was satisfied with the room which I found to be clean and with everything there in working order. The location is convenient and given the area, the price for what you get is fair (I paid $91.14 including all taxes for a single night's stay with two (2) guests).. Two of their rooms are studios with kitchenettes but I did not stay in one of these as my room was just a basic motel room. My only nits were that the floor of my 2nd floor room had creaky floorboards which meant that the occupant below may have heard me walking about. Secondly, their optional WI-FI Internet which you had to pay extra for was a tad on the slow side (and my room was by the office!). My third minor issue is that ,despite what the amenities page of their website states about offering a free complimentary continental Breakfast , - They do NOT!!! Other than that minor disappointment, I was okay with the place and wold recommend it for someone looking for a decent, basic safe, clean motel to sleep in a rather expensive area.

Room Tip: The floor boards creak so get a 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2011