My stay at Mondrian was during a trip I had with my wife on our 10th anniversary and it was our first time to visit Western United States. Actually our stay followed our trip to Vegas where we stayed at the Wynn which is a real quality benchmark but the Mondrian came up to expectations despite our high ceiling after the Wynn stay.
First of all the staff deal in a bit of informal manner which makes it feel really intimate and freindly also they were very responsive to all our requests and were always keen to keep us satisfied.
Also, the restraunt and room service quality which was at a very high standard and the food was excellent.
Best thing about this hotel was the comfort of its beds which was superb even when bencmarked with many upclass hotels we stayed at in many parts of the world.
The one issue is thatthe vallet are late in bringing out our car (they kept appologizing about it) but that is due to pressure those guys have so it was easy and simple going forward as we just rang them from our room and then we had our car on time.
Finally, some people think that this is just a hip place for party animals or super models but that is not true as we had a very casual trip and still felt alot of modern luxury in the place which is just different from a Ritz or Four Seasons style of luxury.
To summarize that is a hotel in a great location wit great staff in all departments (from reservation to check out) and comfort which is a bit on the pricey side but you get the quality for what you pay for.
Thanks Mondrian for a great experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood