All reviews front desk king suite stayed nights shopping opportunities half mile free breakfast within walking distance baseball tourney great place to stay clean rooms fast food air conditioner bed was very comfortable one night stay nice room business trip would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

had a reservation at the Hampton Inn next door.  I reserved a wheelchair accessible room.  Unfortunately for us, Hampton gave away our room and tried to put us in a non accessible room. (my son  is in a wheelchair). Since the Hampton solution wasn't going to work for us,  Hampton called the Fairfield hotel and worked with K. at the front desk.  K. was able to get us into a very nice room, fully accessible for my son.

When we arrived at the front desk, K was truly welcoming and made us feel like valued customers.  Very refreshing after our rough start to our weekend!!

This hotel is very nice, updated, and clean. The room is very nicely setup and enough room for the wheelchair. We will stay here again!!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
FFIgmwestcovina, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Wow! Thank you for the great review. I am happy to hear that we were able to help you out in your time of need. We will absolutely share your comments with our staff so they can know how great of a job they are doing. Thank you again and we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you our way.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for MLK weekend. Great location, friendly staff and clean. Close by to restaurants,Target, Walmart and other popular stores. Our room was very nice that included a good size mini fridge and microwave. Also, a buffet breakfast was included with our stay. We would definitely come back here. Thank you to the great staff for making our stay comfortable and a pleasant experience!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2018

FFI delivers a consistently good product. For this location, the breakfast was outstanding with lots of fresh fruit and other choices. This is an incredible improvement over the Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits that FFI used to have 10 years ago. For any improvements, I recommend the layout of rooms like 517 be improved. The air conditioner is right next to the bed which means, either you get blasted while sleeping, or the room gets stuffy with the air conditioner shut off. It is a no win situation. The weather in the LA area is better than most places in the world and it is a shame that the windows cannot be opened as an option.

Room tip: Preview rooms' air conditioner positions relative to beds if possible
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FFIgmwestcovina, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear valued guest,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. Marriott works very hard to get it right and it is through comments such as yours that help us ensure to offer the best.

We have also taken your comments regarding the layout of the room into considerations for the future.

When your travels bring you back to West Covina please join us again! We are at your service.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a no frills place to stay. The front desk people and the manager are all terrific. The room are clean and well kept. If you’re looking for a clean reasonably priced hotel, this would be a good choice.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FFIgmwestcovina, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear valued guest,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our team. However I would love for you to feel as if we were at a hotel that offered more then just guest service. We are here for you. The next time you are in town please let us know. We can do many things to assist you during your travels such as: getting you directions to local attractions, suggesting local HOT food spots, getting your room ready with extra amenities. You name it we want to WOW you. We want to have the frills for you when you return. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I was here for a week on a business trip. This hotel was farther out then the place I was recommended to stay. Glad I chose what I did. Lot's of places to eat close by without hitting all the traffic. Couple of places we just walked to that were not fast food which was extra nice. The staff is very friendly. Front desk always polite and quick to answer all questions and address any concerns. The hotel is very clean. I have stayed in many hotels and the small things I see at other hotels that are not addressed are taken care of here. The elevators are cleaned so no fingerprints all over the doors inside, hallway floors vacuumed every day. Just things I have noticed at other places that are neglected are taken care of here. Congrats to the staff for stepping it up. One other thing is no matter who I passed from cleaning, maintenance, front desk, literally every staff member would stop to take the time to say hello and ask how my stay was or if I needed anything. I hope the management will recognize and congratulate the staff on a job very well done. The breakfast is as good as any I have had and much better than most. They do not let the food run out and usually have a member of the staff that stays out just to monitor everything at breakfast.
The room was very nice. Bed is comfortable, good sheets and blankets, A/C worked well, good selection of pillows and T.V worked great. Also the mini fridge was actually a fridge and not just a cooler that kept drinks cool and not cold. Microwave and coffee pot were good. Everything in my room was very clean. Carpets clean, behind the toilet was clean and there was not that mysterious ball of hair in the shower.....
It may be a while before I have to head back to L.A but when I do I will be sure to stay at this hotel. I hope the head guys at Marriot take notes from this location. Your staff is doing a great job and your customers notice.I was travelling with another employee of my company and he agreed about the staff and hotel. Thank you for a very pleasant stay.

Date of stay: October 2017