All reviews great little place hot shower long drive comfort inn across the street freeway
Reviewed 9 January 2017

we stayed in king size room. room was nice & clean with a comfortable bed. Perfectly working room heater in winter, so we had no issues. washroom was sparkle clean.Morning breakfast was good.I recommend to stayed in mountain view room.

Room tip: choose mountain view room
Date of stay: December 2016
1  Thank Rima R
Reviewed 1 January 2017

We liked it, you might too. It’s so close to I-5 you can snowball cars from the parking lot, but our room 109 ($78 total) facing the freeway, was very quiet. The motel has a hallway with rooms opening off to the East and West. The large rooms, comparable in size to average Best Western rooms, have been refreshed within the last 5 years or so and were quite adequate with fridge, microwave, older TV, excellent shower, plenty of lamps, desk, table, chairs, clothes hangers and working wi-fi. There was no coffee/tea service. The room and bed were clean and the wallboard heater worked fine on this sub-freezing night in December. The lady manager is sometimes a bit harried because she also does some of the maid service, but she checked us in efficiently and saw to our needs when we had questions. Breakfast in the small lobby was adequate, just a cut below average Best Western offerings, but we brought ours back to our room and embellished it with fruit and yogurt. Nearby are plenty of eateries, including the rather charming Dos Amigos, and you can prowl the aisles of the large Pilot truck-stop store to see what the latest trucker fashions are (hint: cowboy and black leather.)

Room tip: A room on the East side, away from I-5 is quieter.
Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed 6 August 2016

This is the most unorganizationed,discourteous, and unpleasant establishment I ever encountered.I booked a family room through hotels.com for two nights 8/1/16-8/3/16.The owner of the motel called me to inform me the room wasn't available and offered another room at a higher rate.I had to nogotiate a fair price and a view of Mount Shasta.The day of my stay I called to confirm my room was available.I was informed it was,in fact given a room number,206.Upon arrival, I was told the room was no longer available and given room 101,a double queen room with NO mountain view.I was totally disappointed.I was not even offered an apology.Infact,I was faced with a rude,"You want the room or not!"It was 9 pm and I just took the room because my two young children were exhausted from the drive.The next morning,my husband woke up with bites all over his legs,arms,and face.I had one bite.I thought maybe they were mosquitoes.The next night,I woke up to two bedbugs crawling on the bed,I killed them and blood streaked everywhere.It was 1:30 am and I immediately went to the front desk and informed the owner.She confirmed they were bed bugs from the dead bugs I showed her and in a rude voice said she had no problems with prior guests and they just replaced the bed in the room.I asked for another room due to the time.She said they were booked.I asked for a refund to stay at another hotel. She only refunded me one of the two nights.The owner Carolina was rude every time we spoke. She tried to make me feel, it was my fault for staying there. Her room was infested with bed bugs and although she acknowledged it, she didn't even apologize,she just said, I was the first to complain.We left with tons of bites and a horrible experience. I spent the next night doing laundry for 4 hours making sure we didn't bring home bed bugs! Word of advice, if you get a phone call from the motel you booked and that your room is no longer available, take it as a sign and get another hotel.If I did, I would have avoided the worst motel experience ever!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ruthhaley
Reviewed 6 April 2016

The place was okay but when I got home I discovered I had left a very nice warming pad in the microwave. I called the very next morning and the manager who was the person we had dealt with there and had been very nice to us said the cleaning people had found it and thrown it into the trash and that the trash had already been picked up...........hmmmmm.........I was going to suggest that I pick it up the next time we were there because we pass that way on a regular basis......guess what...I won't be staying there again. I know it was my fault for forgetting the item but most places don't throw nice things away. They should know that when people get home they will notice they are missing something and call and make an arrangement to get it back. Thank goodness it was only a $30 item....suppose it was a valuable watch or ring????? I feel badly about writing this bad review since otherwise I would have given it a very good review but this seems like a bad business practice.

Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank Vonnyw170
Reviewed 2 April 2016

This is definitely a "no-frills" motel. It is very clean and the bed was comfortable. The pressure and hot water were great. The shower head was mounted fairly low, so if you are a tall person, you will probably have to stoop when washing your hair. (Room 106).
There is a refrigerator and coffee maker (but no coffee packets...maybe at the front desk but I didn't ask). Soap dispenser in shower but no little shampoo bottles. Again, they might be available at the front desk. Basic continental breakfast

Date of stay: April 2016