Best Western I-5 Inn & Suites(Lodi)(Great Value!)
US$ 133
US$ 110
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 125/night.

US$ 95
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 116/night.

Rio Sands Lodge(Rio Vista)
US$ 103
US$ 290
US$ 267
Hotels.com
US$ 167
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Perhaps because it was Easter, the food offerings were not quite the same as past visits and were a little disappointing. We will visit once again when it is not a special day to see if our past experience it still there and the crowd dining for the day made the difference.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2017

The Sunday Buffet had all and everything, food wise, you could ever imagine. Arrived around 2 o'clock. Definitely too late to gain the best from staff and food. Very chaotic; waited ages for a waiter to take our drinks order; no one to inform us of what food resided under the multitude of covered dishes. But food was worth the wait. Didn't stay at hotel so cannot comment on that.

Room Tip: If you go to the Rydes to have lunch on a weekend, get there early and be willing to tolerate possibly slow service.
Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2017

We were there with a Road Scholar trip: Birding and Ecology in the California Delta by Boat. The trip was really excellent, and for our purposes, the location of the hotel was perfect: we simply crossed the highway, boarded a boat with a couple of engaging naturalists, and cruised the waterways.
The history of the hotel was appealing, too - much preferable to a perfect, newly built place with no character. It had been grand in its day. The staff were friendly & attentive. Otherwise, the rest of the trip had to compensate, and it did. Without the trip, I wouldn't choose to stay at this hotel.
The food, served buffet style, was mostly marginal to poor, often dry, cold when it should be hot, sometimes reaching average, never outstanding. Disappointing.
The small size of our room did not excuse the lack of basic furnishings. There was a bed, one chair, and a tiny table. This left enough space for two small bedside stands, but none were present. They would have provided a surface to put a book, a clock, watch & earrings, an underwear drawer. Having just a bedside stand would have made life so much more convenient! Instead, everything went on the floor or competed for space on the tiny table, out of reach of the bed. I was grateful for a few hangers in the closet to hang jackets. Also in the closet was a luggage rack, but no space to set it up.
One side of our double bed had a lamp (the other had no light), and there was a portable electrical heater that kept the room cozy. Of the remaining available electrical outlets, half were dead, which made us glad our room was next to a fire-escape. We took turns plugging in our electronics. Wifi was reliable downstairs only, not in the room.
The bathroom was relatively large; I wished for some of that square footage in the bedroom. Room and bathroom were old but clean enough, no complaints there.

Room Tip: No elevators. Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vicki P
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

I have debated writing a review because this will not be a good one and this hotel clearly provides employment for local people. The staff are the hotels best asset, (hence two stars), at least the ones I dealt with. The brunch was pretty good too. Beyond that the hotel is in such a state of disrepair that I feel compelled to warn others. There is no central heat so portable heaters are provided. From a fire safety standpoint this is concerning when clearly some of the smoke detectors are non functional. There are no elevators or ADA features. My room was filthy-dried blood on the box spring (Im a nurse I know it when I see it) and the room hadn't been vacuumed in a very long time. There were long dark curly hairs under my sheets (I have blonde hair). Linens were old, mismatched and questionably clean.
Truly in all my travels for work in developing countries I have never been so grossed out. Even the most basic hotels and guest houses in Africa where I have stayed are clean, here no.
We saw men working on the outside wedding facilities which I am sure is great but the inside needs attention-DESPERATELY. Someone save this historic place, please! It has so much potential.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2016

No heat. No hot water. Came to attend a nearby wedding, and was clear the staff knew there were few options nearby, as they were far from helpful. Was told that I had to run the shower for a while to get hot water (they did agree that there was no heat). Ran shower for 10 minutes, no hot water, but learned shower had a leak, which flooded the bathroom. Toilet filled with brown water and didn't flush. tried to dry my hair, and blew out every outlet in the room. Oh, and the continental breakfast the following morning was non existent. They lost reservations other family members had made. the whole thing was a disaster. Would have almost been funny if they didn't charge us at check in. terrible. Worth staying somewhere nicer and driving an extra 10 minutes!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family