Ryde Hotel
Best Western I-5 Inn & Suites(Lodi)(Great Value!)
US$ 142
US$ 129
US$ 102
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 117/night.

Rio Sands Lodge(Rio Vista)
US$ 103
US$ 94
  • Pool
US$ 153
US$ 114
US$ 120
US$ 108
Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove(Elk Grove)(Great Value!)
US$ 190
US$ 290
US$ 267
Hotels.com
US$ 167
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband and I had brunch (buffett) here on New Year's Day to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We booked the reservation (noon) about 6 weeks prior. This would not have been my first brunch there. The brunches I remembered were the reason we decided to spend this special day there. When I booked the reservation, I told Randy (manager?) that it was our 30th anniversary. I didn't say that to get anything out of, except maybe a table by the window. We arrived at noon (brunch being half over by then), to be told that the "dance floor" (where the windows are) was full and we could sit at this table right next to the bar. The buffet was, to me, embarassing. The potatoes and breakfast meats were never replenished. A basket of bread sat empty for at least a half hour. One small green salad and a plate of fruit were OK. There were two turines of gravy but no biscuits. After a half hour, I asked one of the cooking staff if there were biscuits and she told me, with a very heavy-sigh type of attitude, that there were in the oven. Two types of pulled pork were cooked incorrectly and there were no utensils to pull the pork apart. One cook was working the omlette/french toast/pancake station and I can't say that I blame her for having an attitude but letting everyone know about it is wrong. The omlette station looked like a bomb went off (omlettte fixins everywhere) and I was totally turned off to having any eggs, french toast or pancakes at all. The ONLY saving graces were the unlimited mimosas and the wait staff. Very personable and very helpful. Major disappointment.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LRT107
Reviewed 9 October 2011

There was no continental breakfast,no cups ,no muffins, tiny bit of fruit had to ask for coffee. This was really not the experience we thought it would be. If you are any way handicapped don't even think about it. When we were there. There was a wedding and with these old walls loud music, people up and down the halls you couldn't sleep. The location is nice the rooms need some fixing up. New fans that dont make noise. When you book rooms be prepared to put out that continential. no excuse,s required the rooms are high dollar to get excuses.
on another note the ceiling was pouring out water on to the main stairs. Towels and buckets.
Did I mention the bras on the table and door knobs!

Room Tip: Go to a bed and breakfast. They are usually very clean, quiet, and good locations, and breakfast is always good. If you want to try it don't during a wedding and bring your own snackes.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 1 October 2011

If you are looking for a step back in time with casual leisure and forced relaxation you must check the Ryde out!

Granted we reside only 23 minutes out (in Sacramento) but the atmosphere took us way back into a surreal time warp.

We recommend you splurge a little in this affordable retreat and book the room overlooking the river with your buddy and sit back in your double jacuzzi tub with a bottle of the bubbly and tune your ipod speakers to smooth 20 era big band romantic backdrop.

Now this is NOT a luxury five star and not meant to be a big city hotel. What the Ryde is
is a nostalgic hotel replete with a "speak easy" and a fun little 9-hole golf course to practice your swings. They do have their own sturdy dock for your boat and to fish (our friend's son caught 4 large bass right there without even trying!) There are no TVs or stereos in the rooms and some of the rooms share a bath down the hall (which is typical of the era! We opted for a private room with double jacuzzi bath....very reasonably priced!)

We thought the Sunday brunch was excellent; unlimited champagne and service with a smile. The slow cooked spicy pork falling off the bone was to die for (if you like spicy, like we do, watch-out! You may be craving this for the rest of your life!)

For entertainment, we cruised down the street to check out the oldest existing Chinese community in California to the historic town of Locke (original building precariously leaning to and fro) and had a great time with the locals at "Al the Wops" a hole in the wall cash only bar with great, cheap drinks and a killer Bloody Mary that goes well with their steaks and peanut butter (ahhhhh...that is a separate review!)

Room Tip: Splurge get the double jacuzzi room over looking the Sacramento River. Allegedly some rooms are haunted, but we did not see or hear our ghostly friend the evenings we spent at the Ryde (DARN!)....be sure to ask the staff about what they witnessed...very friendly spirits, but fascinating all the same!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2011

The history and location of the hotel is cool. The banquet area for weddings or special events is nice as well but the rooms are beat.
Our room was a queen suite on the second floor (rm 206, I think) and the cold water handle for the bath tub fell off, it was all ready broken. The bath floor mat had a big hole in it. The window screen on one of the windows was bent. However the bed was comfortable! It is the delta by the way, most everything is beat down there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I got married at the Ryde recently and have to say I was incredibly impressed with the Ryde as a wedding venue. I am extremely type A and was in contact with the Ryde daily in the weeks prior to the wedding. Jan was amazingly accommodating to all my requests and together with Natalie ensured the wedding went exactly as planned despite an unexpected heat wave. Randy did a great job communicating with me about my guests hotel bookings and ensured that everyone who needed a room got one. The garden looked beautiful on the day of the wedding and the staff made sure that the speakeasy was set up according to my wishes. They even changed to lights to make sure they would all light up for the dinner/dancing portion of the evening. Drinks were passed during cocktail hour not only to the guests but also to the entire bridal party waiting to be photographed on the lawn. Attention to details like this made it so that everyone had a great time and so that I didn't have to worry about anything the day of the wedding. The dinner was excellent and my compliments to the chef for creating the BBQ atmosphere and food I requested. It was perfect. The rest of the evening was equally well done. The cake was better than we expected and looked beautiful. The bartenders were super friendly and helpful. The entire evening went as well as we could have hoped. If you are considering getting married in the delta I highly recommend the Ryde. The prices are fair and the staff excellent. I didn't need a wedding planner because Jan and Natalie are so helpful. Our guests loved the setting and thought the food/service was great. The kids loved the pool! Thank you for such a magical and memorable wedding. We will be back for many brunches and dinners in the years to come.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple