“Mouth watering ravioli”

Benvenuti Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Benvenuti Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 315 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: To share our love and passion for Italian cooking, Benvenuti Ristorante (formerly know as Salvatore Ristorante) features exceptional traditional Italian cuisine in a warm and welcoming environment with local, sustainable, organic ingredients, an extensive list of Italian and Californian wines, a full bar and a robust cocktail program.
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Formerly Salvatore Ristorante, Benvenuti is owned by one of two previous owners. The new look is much improved, it's lighter and brighter inside with a more open and airy feeling featuring a beautiful new white counter top in the bar and the large dark cabinets removed Btwn the bar and back dining area. Combined with the new table and chairs, the new look is more modern and refined.

Now for the food! They have a few things from the old menu, along with many new things. It's not a large menu, but everything I've had has been delicious. My favorite, which was formerly an 'occasional' special is now on the daily menu, its the ravioli stuffed with braised short rib ... Too die for! Not literally off course, but the reduction sauce alone is worth the price. Several large ravioli stuffed with braised short ribs and vegetables, lay in a reduction sauce with a small amount of marinara on top. I'm still savoring the taste days later. I'm also a big fan of the beet salad, at least two kinds of roasted beets with organic greens, fresh fruit, and pistachio added. Two other items to try are the lentil soup (unique and very flavorful) and the roasted cauliflower. I would be remiss if I didn't say you must try the Tiramisu, I can honestly say it's the best I've ever had and I've tried plenty. It's the same great Tiramisu they've always had and I certainly missed it during the eight months they were closed for remodel.

I highly recommend this family run ristorante I've been going here for many years. The staff is warm and friendly and the owners are a delight. I didn't think I could like it more, but the newly reopened (April 2017) is just a little more elegant and the food just seems a little more upscale with wonderful favors and in presentation.

1  Thank Jo D

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Came here with the family and we enjoyed our dinner. Service was attentive, and food was delicious. I tried the Melenzana ripiena, and it was out of this world. Definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

As of January 2017 they have been closed for several months, since early fall. Please disregard the "open now" in the description by Trip Advisor. We look forward to the reopening.

1  Thank waltunas
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I love this place and cannot wait for it to re-open after completion of their remodel. The menu and meals are very good. A great place to eat at a table or the bar (the bartenders are great). There are good specials too, which is always a nice surprise. If you live in WC, you know this place and if you don't, get to know it upon its re-opening. They make you feel like you are "home'.

2  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 24 December 2016

As I was born in Lercara Friddi, Sicily and I am a certified Italian - French Chef. As for me authentic it didn't come close at all and all of the sauces an Hispanic taste to it Not an Italian flair as I know and have tasted for many years. And to say that the food was Good would be a joke at best would be to say Mediocre. As everything was either overcooked and tasteless. A total Sham!