“Very nice!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Whittier, California
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed here during the celebration of our son's wedding. It was a great place for all of the Southern California family and friends to be together. We were able to enjoy the complimentary breakfast together. It was a good time to connect with friends and family. There was a large group of students staying at the hotel when we arrived and unfortunately all of the double rooms we booked were given to others. However, the hotel staff made sure we had enough beds for our large wedding group. Although a little inconvenient, they were able to get us enough single rooms to accommodate our entire party. We had a great time and definitely would stay there again. The rooms are spacious and the grounds beautiful. All of our guests truly enjoyed their stay. We love Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: The BART station is very close. Ask for a room on the opposite side of the BART rail. It starts ve...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Embassy Suites Walnut Creek. We pride ourselves in great customer service and are very glad that's what you experienced.
We love Embassy Suites too!

Look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Livermore, California
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have stayed at a couple of these hotels in different locations. I have to say that i love them all, they are the best. From the minute we walked through the doors to the awesome scenery of the koi pond and the greenery to the front desk help.

The front desk staff was very courterious and helpful. They mentioned the managers happy hour where they provide free well cocktails and beer. Also includes some complimentary appetizers of fruits,chips vegtables and dips. AWESOME STUFF!

We asked for a room away from the BART train which wasnt even that loud in the first place.

The rooms decor seemed a touch out of date but nothing i would rage about. It could use some touch up work. Nice flat screens in the main room and in the bedroom. Bed was just ok as far as comfort goes, although the beds are huge. Showers are awesome, but the soaps and shampoos kinda sucked.

This place is about a 12-15 dollar cab ride to Walnut Creek where there is some nice restaurants. I would stay here again and at anyother embassy suites.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room away from the BART tracks.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 007_lindsey
Clearfield, Utah
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed here for business in February 2012. It was great. Located right next to the Pleasant Hill BART station, I was able to arrive from the SF airport without having to rent a car. The first impression hits you as you arrive through the doors to a very nice lobby that opens into an incredible atrium (trees, stream with coi, etc). The suite itself was very nice as well with ample space, two TV's and a comfortable bed. The breakfast buffet was great (hot and cold options). The hostess asked if they had everything I wanted. I said they did, but wondered if they ever had french toast. She advised that they did, but if it was not there on a day I wanted, just ask and they would make it (the next morning, it was part of the buffet). I also had dinner there, which was very good as well. Friendly staff and great atmosphere. Perfect place for business or family.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
moose jaw, saskatchewan
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed here for a family wedding...good choice. It is right across the street (maybe a 2 minute walk) to the Pleasant Hill BART station which was so convenient for travelling into SanFrancisco and returning to the airport. The breakfast, included in the price of the rooms, has made to order omelettes or eggs, often pancakes, bacon, sausage, and all the fixings, besides your regular breakfast room fare (fruit, pastries, toast, hot oatmeal, etc) Being a coffee-aholic appreciated the strong always fresh Starbucks coffee. Pleasant service. The rooms were more than adequate with a separate bedroom with 2 small double beds (own sink and mirror...very handy) and a pull out couch in the livingroom, with a mini fridge and table. Great housekeeping. They also have a "manager's reception" in the pm with free drinks, but we never went to that so can't comment.

Minuses...beds were not all that comfortable. They charge $10 a day for internet service, which in this day and age is a little like charging to have a phone in your room, and in my opinion a money grab. Another hiccup was that I had changed my reservation and then changed it back (all within 24 hours) but they wouldn't give me the "wedding rate" for the change. I never received a confirmation email after the change and when I called to question why I wasn't sent one I was advised that changes hadn't been made but I could still make the change but was past the time for the "special deal". I felt this was unprofessional since it was their error that the change in reservation had not been processed...there was no way to prove that since the "changed" reservation had the same confirmation # as the original reservation. Nevertheless, even at the higher rate I felt it was a good value hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JLMmj
Danville, California
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Why can I choose 0 stars? This is my first yelp review, because my booking experience was beyond awful! My family and I have always stayed at embassy suites, but will never do so again after the experience we had with the manager, Nick, at the walnut creek location.

We booked two adjoining rooms at this location aprox. Three months prior to our stay.  When my husband called 6 weeks in advance to our stay, to confirm the room were adjoining, the manager gave him attitude, and ultimately canceled our "non-refundable" reservations.

Now I am left to try to get a refund for a reservation that I didn't even want to cancel.  I have made several calls, and was told a check would be sent to me, but two weeks later, I have still not received my refund.

My biggest issue is that hilton just doesn't care.  We have been loyal customers for many years, and they could care less.  I have and will continue to tell all of my family and friends about my awful experience and will never stay with them again.  Such a shame!

If you value your money, dont book at this hotel.  Apparently, they can cancel your reservation for no reason and keep you money.  It should be illegal!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Adtruckey
Tracy409, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
To ensure the comfort and enjoyment of all of our guests, we are unable to allow parties of any kind to be conducted in our guest room suites.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
We have processed a full refund for your reservation
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
4.9 km away
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK