“Once you find it, you'll like it”

Sorrento Italian Restaurant and Pizza
Ranked #115 of 324 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our old-world Italian cuisine has been in the family for generations, serving up some of the best Walnut Creek Italian fare since 1975. The menu is abundant in choices from hand-tossed pizzas to traditionally crafted entreés, sauces and pastas. Come experience authentic, New York style pizza, old world inspired pastas and more, brought to you by the next generation of the Caturegli family.
Reviewed 29 May 2015

This restaurant is hard to spot in the corner of a shopping center. You kinda have to know that it is there. But do find it, because the food is very good and they serve huge portions. There are all the standards of a good Italian restaurant – antipasti, pizza, pasta, and the usual veal and chicken dishes. The Veal Saltimbocca, sautéed with herbs and wine and wrapped in prosciutto was particularly good. We also really liked the Chicken Parmigiana. The servers were very good and accommodating. The ambiance is nice but not spectacular. Parking is no problem in the shopping center.

Reviewed 4 October 2014

Very few Italian restaurants in the area offer veal on their menus. So whenever I need my veal fix it's off to Sorrento's we go. The portions are always generous and I always come home with leftovers.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We ate here on 6/13/2014.

Sabrina was our server and she was the best thing about our experience. She was prompt, friendly, and attentive.

The food was average at best. The carbonara pizza had about a gallon of oil on it, it was undercooked, and just was not good. The spaghetti was ok.

Also, they showed us a robust beer and wine menu, but were strangely out of all beer except Bud and Moretti Rosa. And, for the life of me, I could not understand the display bottle of Peroni at the cash register....why display different types of beer that are not on menu? Just bizarre.

Unless your car breaks down in this strip center, and you are starving, don't eat here.

1  Thank 82-Ag
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have now eaten at Sorrento's Restaurant several times and consistently had great service, great food (though I tend to keep to my favorite). It has a casual enough atmosphere to bring my grandchild with me, which is a big plus. Love it, and the waitresses are very kind and helpful! Try the Baked Rigatoni Alforno!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

This was a nice friendly restaurant with very good Italian food. The portions were extremely generous and I got three large pieces of veal in my saltimbocca. Wait staff was very attentive to a lactose-intolerant person in our group.