“Awesome Golf Course”

Boundary Oak Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: This championship 18-hole course features a hilly landscape with a lot of water in play.
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

This was the third course I played on my trip and so far it has been by far the best. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the shop was large and very well stocked. The cost for a round and a golf cart/buggy was $68 which was more than acceptable.

I have tried to show a photo but unfortunately I cannot upload it. The first fairway looking from the first tee is stunningly beautiful, you drive across a small water hazard with a fountain in the centre of it. The hazard is not enough to worry your drive but just enough to grab your attention.

The fairways are in fabulous condition it is obviously very well tended by the ground staff, the rough is not really rough that I am used to its just slightly longer grass than the fairway, a pleasant change to the foot long rough I am used to searching for my ball at home !!!!!

The greens are very challenging with many level changes and numerous "borrows"that you have to consider and on top of that the greens are very very quick, frustratingly it took me a number of holes to learn how to read them but I was not alone, the 3 guys I teamed up with were having the same problems.

All in all a wonderful day of golf, not a great score .... bah ..... but still a great day around a lovely course.

The most surprising thing is that this is not a private course it is the municipal course for Walnut Creek. A lot of private clubs from the UK could learn a thing or two.

Great day, thank you Boundary Oak for making my day so enjoyable. Would I go again ...... you betcha, in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Great course friendly staff Course is user friendly for an average to good player Shorter hitters may want to consider making their own tees on some holes as its pretty long

The layout is challenging and fair greens are good Play it you will like it

Reviewed 16 July 2016

I play here weekly.They have been making significant improvements over the last couple of years after years of poor stewardship.the staff is great and regulars are called by name.Resident seniors(with cart)$37...A lot of mens club and womens club play..you don't want to follow either..they seem to be very serious as if big bucks were on the line.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

I played her for the first time this weekend while attending the Alan David Vasilauskas Memorial Golf Tournament, benefiting the Bay Area Crisis Nursery. It is a fun course and is very well maintained. We also had dinner there which was delicious and the services was great. Overall I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 November 2015

I was looking forward to playing this well maintained muni as our group had secured a prime Saturday morning tee time and the weather forecast was for a day in the 70's. I don't visit the East Bay very often but had heard that the greens were running 11 on the stimpmeter and the fall colors were in abundance amongst the varied deciduous selection. Who can't resist a whiff of leaf peeping while uploading the ego before launching a monster drive!
Alas it was all short lived the minute I entered the pro shop. A tournament was sent out earlier and the players were apparently agonizing over the 3 footers for too long so that a domino effect resulted in our tee time being pushed back 30 minutes. Any pace of play being enforced? No sir, these are our top amateurs playing replied the pro shop staff sporting extended mid sections who obviously knew where their next meal was coming from! 30 minutes later and our group was still not called. Back into the pro shop where I discovered that they had squeezed in a fivesome before us. This group proceeded to top 3 tee shots into the miniature lake in front of the championship tees! I think it's going to be a long day and 5 hours 30 minutes after we teed off we darted for the car park only to observe more fatties arrive for a wedding reception.
No marshals, no on course water, no apologies and way way too much obesity means no return!

1  Thank foghornleghorn68