“While we're young!”

Boundary Oak Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: This championship 18-hole course features a hilly landscape with a lot of water in play.
Reviewed 12 November 2015

I was looking forward to playing this well maintained muni as our group had secured a prime Saturday morning tee time and the weather forecast was for a day in the 70's. I don't visit the East Bay very often but had heard that the greens were running 11 on the stimpmeter and the fall colors were in abundance amongst the varied deciduous selection. Who can't resist a whiff of leaf peeping while uploading the ego before launching a monster drive!
Alas it was all short lived the minute I entered the pro shop. A tournament was sent out earlier and the players were apparently agonizing over the 3 footers for too long so that a domino effect resulted in our tee time being pushed back 30 minutes. Any pace of play being enforced? No sir, these are our top amateurs playing replied the pro shop staff sporting extended mid sections who obviously knew where their next meal was coming from! 30 minutes later and our group was still not called. Back into the pro shop where I discovered that they had squeezed in a fivesome before us. This group proceeded to top 3 tee shots into the miniature lake in front of the championship tees! I think it's going to be a long day and 5 hours 30 minutes after we teed off we darted for the car park only to observe more fatties arrive for a wedding reception.
No marshals, no on course water, no apologies and way way too much obesity means no return!

1  Thank foghornleghorn68

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Sons I Retirement (SIR) Branch 8 schedules tournaments here about twice a month. The course is well laid out and presents a good challenge for us average golfers.

Reviewed 2 December 2014

nice setting in the foothills on the edge of Walnut Creek, offering a variety of challenging golf holes, from the first hole over the small lake to the 18th hole approach up hill to the clubhouse, worth the time and money

Reviewed 5 September 2014 via mobile

Even though there's a drought here the course was lushly green, nicely cut and well maintained. As an intermediate golfer I found the course challenging but entertainingly so. Not too much swearing or lost balls. Gently rolling terrain with a nice variety of challenges. Will play here again although the Friday and weekend prices are more than I like to pay.

1  Thank fiddle_man
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Since a change in the cousre's management team, the new team has done an excellent job improving this golf course. The greens are in in great shape, fairways nicely trimmed, tree rubble cleaned out and the sand traps groomed (It appears they are gradually working on a replacing sand in the bunkers). The course is a bit long and tough (White Men Tees: 6372 yds., 126 Slope) but fair. I regularly play at all the public golf courses in the Bay Area and this Course is one of the best.

1  Thank Neil S