All reviewsolympic parkanz stadiuman overnight stayattending a concertbed and pillowstrain stationconvenient locationone night stayrooms are smallbuffet breakfastpublic transportcomfortable stayshort stayroyal easter showeventsydneybrewery
Reviewed 1 February 2017

I have stayed in other Ibis hotels before, but this was one of the poorer ones. Air con was not working well. Bed was too soft for me and shower was old and in need of a refresh. The hotel was verty packed and the lobby area was very stuffy on a hot day. The worst thing was how much I had to pay for such a poor room.

Romm was pretty noisy as well. You can hear everything going on in the corridors and my bed would shake everytime the door of the room next door closed. Wont be back.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Accor_Hotels_SOP, Front Office Manager at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear Beerbloke,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Sydney Olympic Park. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the areas of concern you have identified and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will allow us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 02 8762 1111 if you wish to discuss this matter in further details.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Could not fault the rooms at the Ibis Olympic Park, central to all facilities, well decorated clean rooms, great views, very comfortable bedding, the bathroom a little on the small size, but quite modern with a very good shower. The restaurant and bar facilities on the ground floor are shared with the Novotel with nice decor, great food all round and comfortable seating.
Service is second to none, best I've experienced in all my travels. Friendly staff ever wanting to help and make for a pleasant stay for their guests.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo

Dear ShepLapstone,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the ibis Sydney Olympic Park. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 January 2017

My friend and I booked the Ibis on a whim as we were attending a congress over three days at the sports centre. At every point of contact, the staff at Ibis were AMAZING. From the off of a bottle of chilled water at check in, to shuttling us to the venue because of an injury I had, to making sure our parking was taken care of at check out - they were FABULOUS! Special mention to Amir who honestly went above and beyond every expectation (I have stayed at plenty of high-end hotels that did not match his level of service) Thank you Ibis - we will be back next time we need to stay out at Olympic Park!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

First of all they put an incorrect charge on my credit card. In what universe is it ok to say the charges will be credited back in a few days. It's like I stole your wallet but will give it back in a week so be happy.

Then I get room service just want a burger and go to bed. The bun is burnt which ruins the burger but the chips were very good.

Now let's talk about the room the air conditioning doesn't work it pumps out warm air well slightly cool. The furniture reminds me of University Dormitory cheap and nasty. The wardrobe well I think that's what it is has no doors so I look at my clothes all night.

Next to the bed I have this monster brick radio/sound bar. It's so stylish and modern I especially love the iPhone 4 connector so you can play your own music if you haven't updated you phone for 8 years.

For a business hotel this is the pits the Internet starts off ok but then goes missing making you wait for 20-30 seconds for refreshes.

It's hot it's tacky it's dated

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Accor_Hotels_SOP, Front Office Manager at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear Mark W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park. I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations, and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. This will allow us to rectify any issues moving forward and to ensure we can have any holdings on your credit card released. If you would like to speak with me, please contact me personally on h2732-dm@accor.com. I look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Overall - Staff are very helpful and friendly upon arrival and throughout the visit - I just can't fault the service.

The good - The room itself was neat and clean, with a comfortable bed - you're able to get a different pillow from the pillow menu for a better night's sleep. The A/C was very good and definitely needed during the stay. The fridge was very quiet - less noisy than other hotel rooms I've stayed in. Access to the fitness centre at the Pullman resort across the road and the Aquatic Centre is included in the stay and easy to get to.

The bad - I found the hotel very noisy for a mid-week stay with families talking loudly until late at night in the corridor and rooms next door, and slamming doors as they moved between the rooms in their travelling party. The alarm clock was 10 minutes behind (which I only realised the next morning when the alarm went off later than I needed) with no instructions on how to adjust the clock to rectify it. Work area was comfortable enough but for a short period only. The dirty plate from in-room dinner was in the corridor until late the following afternoon which I found very surprising.

Summary - I would stay here again, but only if I was on a holiday. I did not find it suitable for business travel.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Dear char_dut,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our valued guests. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to rectify the issues you have identified to prevent future occurrence.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and also expressing some of your concerns. We hope you allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in near future.

Regards,