“Overnight stay for a concert”

Ibis Sydney Olympic Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 February 2017

We stayed here recently to go and see a concert at the Olympic Stadium. There were people everywhere for the event however check in was relatively painless. The room was simple but had everything we needed including a great air conditioner which was appreciated on such a hot night. After the concert the bar remained open for guests which was handy, and we ordered breakfast to our room the next morning which was flawless. Overall a great (and surprising) experience, and I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again.

Room Tip: The higher up the better for the view.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Accor_Hotels_SOP, Front Office Manager at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear caphoto10,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests, particularly after a busy event night at Sydney Olympic Park. I have passed your comments on to our team. They are always delighted to hear this feedback, as it serves as encouragement to all of our staff.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope you enjoyed the concert you attended, and wish to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 1 February 2017

I have stayed in other Ibis hotels before, but this was one of the poorer ones. Air con was not working well. Bed was too soft for me and shower was old and in need of a refresh. The hotel was verty packed and the lobby area was very stuffy on a hot day. The worst thing was how much I had to pay for such a poor room.

Romm was pretty noisy as well. You can hear everything going on in the corridors and my bed would shake everytime the door of the room next door closed. Wont be back.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear Beerbloke,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Sydney Olympic Park. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the areas of concern you have identified and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will allow us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 02 8762 1111 if you wish to discuss this matter in further details.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Could not fault the rooms at the Ibis Olympic Park, central to all facilities, well decorated clean rooms, great views, very comfortable bedding, the bathroom a little on the small size, but quite modern with a very good shower. The restaurant and bar facilities on the ground floor are shared with the Novotel with nice decor, great food all round and comfortable seating.
Service is second to none, best I've experienced in all my travels. Friendly staff ever wanting to help and make for a pleasant stay for their guests.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo

Dear ShepLapstone,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the ibis Sydney Olympic Park. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 January 2017

My friend and I booked the Ibis on a whim as we were attending a congress over three days at the sports centre. At every point of contact, the staff at Ibis were AMAZING. From the off of a bottle of chilled water at check in, to shuttling us to the venue because of an injury I had, to making sure our parking was taken care of at check out - they were FABULOUS! Special mention to Amir who honestly went above and beyond every expectation (I have stayed at plenty of high-end hotels that did not match his level of service) Thank you Ibis - we will be back next time we need to stay out at Olympic Park!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

First of all they put an incorrect charge on my credit card. In what universe is it ok to say the charges will be credited back in a few days. It's like I stole your wallet but will give it back in a week so be happy.

Then I get room service just want a burger and go to bed. The bun is burnt which ruins the burger but the chips were very good.

Now let's talk about the room the air conditioning doesn't work it pumps out warm air well slightly cool. The furniture reminds me of University Dormitory cheap and nasty. The wardrobe well I think that's what it is has no doors so I look at my clothes all night.

Next to the bed I have this monster brick radio/sound bar. It's so stylish and modern I especially love the iPhone 4 connector so you can play your own music if you haven't updated you phone for 8 years.

For a business hotel this is the pits the Internet starts off ok but then goes missing making you wait for 20-30 seconds for refreshes.

It's hot it's tacky it's dated

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Accor_Hotels_SOP, Front Office Manager at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear Mark W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park. I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations, and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. This will allow us to rectify any issues moving forward and to ensure we can have any holdings on your credit card released. If you would like to speak with me, please contact me personally on h2732-dm@accor.com. I look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney Olympic Park
0.1 km away
Novotel Sydney Olympic Park
Novotel Sydney Olympic Park
#2 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park
0.5 km away
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park Hotel
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park ...
#4 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park
Rydges Parramatta
#3 of 4 in Rosehill
5.5 km away
Mercure Sydney Parramatta

Been to Ibis Sydney Olympic Park? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK