“The Good, The Bad, The Ugly”

Visalia Sequoia Gateway Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Good: room nicely appointed, Wi-fi and USB charging ports, coffee maker, microwave and fridge. Nice bedding. Decent selection of TV channels. No disinfectant odor.
Bad: Thought bedside lamp bulb burned out. After swapping bulbs and further investigation it turned out maid had forgotten to plug it back in after vacuuming. Don't need this inconvenience. Clock radio totally useless. Maid probably sees this every day and yet did nothing until I complained. Air conditioning apparatus in hallway outside my room rattling like crazy. Not too noticeable in my room but makes me think they don't care about maintenance.
Ugly: Breakfast! Hot food provided not bad if only it had been replenished. When I came down into the breakfast room most everything was cleaned out, especially the coffee. (I need coffee to get me started). Took about twenty minutes to have the problem remedied. Same thing happened the 2nd morning of my stay. Aargh!
Bottom line: Staff is way behind the curve, Not on top of things. Complaint-driven and not pro-active in providing an amenable experience. I don't like to be a complainer, it makes me feel bad to do it, but they gave me no choice. Not a happy stay for $111/night.

Room Tip: Northeast corner, facing away from airport and US-99.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank BudgetTraveler94010
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Not sure when the three reviews were given, but we had to cancel upon arrival. NO AC on a 100 degree day. No TV. They are in the process of changing from Comfort Inn to Best Western. Good luck, if you want to try it. Hall was full of units to be installed in rooms -- not ours -- and Comcast wasn't helping them with their "new" TV setup. Asked to speak to Mgr but he "wasn't available." They already had our cc # and now WE ARE HOPING FOR A REFUND. That will take good luck also. We went to Wyndham next door. Perfect!!

Room Tip: Seems they have many names. Check room before paying.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank leneley
Migual R, General Manager at Visalia Sequoia Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Dear Traveler, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel.I’m sorry this
has happened, and that your expectations were not met. We’re dedicated to customer Service and we would like to fix this problem for you. Please give us a call or contact our management team at visaliagatewayinn@gmail.com and one of our team members will get right back to you.

Miguel Renteria

Reviewed 3 May 2017

This was a great location for heading up to the Sequoia's from LA. The staff was exceptionally helpful with providing recommendations for our trip. The room was clean. There was a nice selection for the complimentary breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonia B

Dear Happy Guest. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Down visiting family and needed a place to stay. Stop in and glad we did. Very friendly staff, clean room and great location right off Hwy 198. Park within walking distance and airport close by. Will stay here again

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sharraluper
Migual R, General Manager at Visalia Sequoia Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear Traveler. Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I’m happy that you enjoyed your stay and I’m looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Even though the business that is being handled nearby is currently not going very well Antonio and a few other staff members, were very helpful, kind, caring and very informative all around great people to get to know at this hotel if I or someone I know comes to the town again I definitely recommend staying here

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Visalia
0.2 km away
Comfort Suites
#3 of 14 in Visalia
12.7 km away
Best Western Town & Country Lodge

Been to Visalia Sequoia Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK