“Amazing!”
Review of Char-cu-te-rie

Char-cu-te-rie
Ranked #28 of 322 Restaurants in Visalia
Reviewed 1 January 2017

Love this place, my go-to whenever I stroll around downtown! Great to just sit down for a while and read a good book

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Diana R

Reviewed 5 December 2016

Any time I stop by this place I am always greeted with a smiling face! The staff here are always super helpful and always give their insight on what I should try off the menu next!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

I returned to "Char" quite recently after a bit of a hiatus and sadly was really disappointed. Im usually quite the fan of Char so I'm hoping it was just an off day but if that's the case it was REALLY off. Firstly the cups we were served our tea and coffee in we're dirty. My tea cup/mug had coffee grounds all over it and my husbands cappuccino mug had lipstick on it. Next one of the (I think new waiters) couldn't find us so was about to take our order back inside (remember Char is small) when I called to him (he didn't look for us too hard) and then I discover the salad that was served with my sandwich was not fit for human consumption. Sometimes salad can be borderline and at that point it should not be served. This salad was far beyond that point and was either terribly soggy and/or limp and YELLOW!! I've noted in the past that Char needs a REALLY GOOD clean inside and out and it needs to be maintained that way. Nothing has changed except that it looks even grubbier now. I might give Char another chance but I'm not in a hurry to do so.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Char easily has the best coffee in town. They use use very high quality coffee beans and have great brewing methods. The menu is small but very original. Lots of unique dishes that will leave you craving more. My only complaint is the constancy. The staff is constantly changing and sometimes your drink will be completely different than what you normally get. If you live in Visalia or are just passing by, do yourself a favor and order a coffee from Char

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 7 March 2016

Small place, but many positives. Quality ingredients, great food. Very nice sincere people running this small business. Two thumbs up!!

Date of visit: December 2015