“Nothing special”

Rosa's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 322 Restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

When I first walked in it reminded me of my favorite restaurant in Springfield, I’ll. But disappointment followed. The clientele made me think the local nursing homes had opened their doors and let the residents out for dinner. Maybe it was just the time of day I went. The dish I ordered was mediocre at best. The music was ancient nothing up tempo about it. I did get excellent service which I appreciated. Would not consider returning

Reviewed 1 May 2018

The limited parking was not good and it sets right across th street from a fire station. When we sat down in the seat of the booth you sunk down in it. I will say that the service was OK. The lighting was dark but the acoustics was good so an older person could hear the person setting across from them. My wife said her posta was good . I had the beef ravioli and they weren't totally cooked and the tomato sauce tasted as if it came from a can and the whole meal was was but a little better than warm. At 6 pm there were only about 8 other customers. I've eaten here a couple of times in the past and found it to be very good but may not eat there abain.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I had the lasagna and it was delicious. It was also a very ample proportion. They were very busy (on a Friday night), but the service was prompt and attentive. I definitely recommend a reservation on Friday night. House Cabernet was good as was the complimentary fresh bread provided. Will definitely go again.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Our agency had a business lunch at Little Italy recently. I had the chicken parmigiana with angel hair pasta. Fabulous!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Went here for my wedding anniversary. Not too often that I get to splurge out of my own pocket, but this is where the wife wanted to go.

She had the Cheese Ravioli with Sausage and I had the Ribeye with Shrimp Scampi after a order of Fried Calamari and finished off with a Irish Creme Coffee.

She loved her Ravioli and said the sausage was cooked to perfection. As for me the Ribeye was just that a steak. Nothing to write home about and the scampi was flavorful. It was more my fault more than anything because come on it's like going to Chinese place and ordering a cheeseburger. Just kind of dumb lol. I should have went with my gut feeling and ordered their Chicken Marsala.

The Calamari was thick cut and perfectly fried and went great with their house made marinara sauce.

To top it off their Espresso was picture perfect and tee-bit on the strong side that it kind of overpowered the coffee flavor, but it was still enjoyable.

On a high note I will still be back and but will stick to the Italian fare.