“Clean and roomy place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Medford, New Jersey
“Clean and roomy place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Suites for one night. It was in a convenient location. We came from Sequoia National Park/King's Canyon and stopped here on our way to Hearst Castle. The room was large with a nice sitting room, clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was incredible with A LOT of options.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JodiR95
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

This place is in a great town. Visalia is a great walking town with local shops, mom and pop restaurants, bakeries, etc... Convenient to the national parks but this hotel is a mixture of good and bad. The room hasn't been redecorated in decades, seriously, with old tube tv's, blue wall paper, old carpet. It seems clean but who knows, everything is blue and so dark you can't tell if it's clean or not. Allison the front desk manager is the only rude desk clerk we met in 16 nights in hotel rooms. She needs to do something else for a living. The breakfast is amazing. Restaurant quality and free! Location is good but I would save this as a last resort as we did. If everything else is booked this will do in a pinch.

Room Tip: Welcome to the 1980's, and not the good parts
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Humboldt County
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

The last two times I stayed at this hotel chain (Oregon and Redlands Ca) were both very positive experiences…nice rooms, great price, wonderful staff….this experience was nothing like my first two!! I should have had a clue when it took twenty some rings for the clerk to answer the phone; it was down fill from there; even though I had a reservation I had to stand in like for nearly 15 mins because the front desk clerk was so slow--there was only one set of guests in front of me; the parking is terrible and the front desk clerk failed to tell me that you can not enter from the parking structure itself, so after driving to the fourth floor I had to turn around, which I was not very happy about since it was nearly midnight and I had been driving all day; when we got into our room it was 85 degrees and the AC was off (I had a reservation, if it is hot and you know some one is going to be checking in, turn on the AC!) the room looked like it had not been redecorated since the early 80's and I felt the need to wear my sandals and not risk going barefoot; granted Visalia is near cattle farms, I don't believe a room smelling like cow feces is ok at all; minor things: the business center was out of order as well as the drinking fountain; I can not tell you how the breakfast was because my husband and I did not want to risk eating there after our experience…I was about to write off Choice Hotels all together but decided to do a "drive by before reserving" on the last night of our trip in Vacaville…100% nicer!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank heartsopenwide
West Covina, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

My wife and I had a great stay at the Comfort Suites. The location is ideal, right next to the restaurants, movies and shops on Main Street. Check in was a breeze. They even offered guests warm chocolate chip cookies at check in. They offer free parking in the Convention Center parking lot adjacent to the hotel.

Our room was spacious and clean. When you walk in the door, there is a living room area with a couch, desk, chair and tv. Next to the living area is a kitchenette with sink, microwave and refrigerator. In the middle of the guest room is the bathroom and just outside the bathroom is the bathroom sink. The bathroom divides the living room from the bedroom. There was a second tv in the bedroom. We found the bed to be very comfortable and slept very well.

In the morning, we took advantage of the free hot breakfast they offer. Eggs, bacon, potatoes, waffles, and sausage. They also have muffins, toast, cereal and juice. We really enjoyed the waffles and the potatoes, the rest of the fare was ok.

The only negative I can really think of about our stay was that there is only one elevator and it is very slow. Other than that we found the Comfort Suites Visalia to be a really good value and we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try Brewbakers Pub right next to the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim Y
Kingman, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

We visited our son and grandson in Visalia for Christmas and stayed at this location. We've been here before and have been very satisfied with the accomodations.
It is still a great place to stay but the rooms are starting show signs of wear. The wallpaper near the window was starting to bubble up and the blinds have spots where they are so thin the light comes through.
We will stay there again, but if we find a more comfortable place we'll probably swap.
We didn't have the free breakfast in the morning, but they are now requiring a 'coupon' to get the breakfast...so if you are the kind that goes down and grabs a few things to bring back to the room, don't expect entry back in for seconds.
The staff was very nice at checkin/checkout and the FREE parking in an enclosed area was very welcome due to the rain.
One minor issue is the fact that this place is located across the street from a convention center and when there is an event it can get quite noisy. It wasn't too bad the night we were there, but the opportunity does present itself.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple